Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

stoeger M300

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was just wondering if anyone has done any pattern testing on this gun

I'm assuming you mean the M3000. I have not patterned one myself but my dad has this gun and he likes it. I believe Stoeger is owned by Benelli, so all the parts and pieces should be similar between the two companies. Lots of guys shoot Benellis and love them.

Do you already own a Stoeger or are you looking to buy one? Do you have any shotshell loads in mind already? What are you looking to shoot with it... waterfowl, trap, turkeys?

dickieg

Yeah I already own the gun and I love it. I just got a carlson light modified choke for it. I have patterned it with xpert 1 1/4 #4's no good, win super x 1 3/8 #3 a little better, kent fast steel 1 1/8 #4 it put 81% at 30 yards just wanted to pattern to left, and black cloud 1 1/4 #2 it put 83% at 30 yards with a great even patter around the 30in circle they were all 3in. I was just wondering if anyone had shot #3 or 4 black clouds or any other combo.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't have any experience with the black cloud loads, but I've shot a lot of Kent Fasteel. I've found that my gun/choke combo in particular does not shoot the fastest Kent loads (1650 fsps I think) worth a damn. With Kent I need to shoot the slower loads in order to produce good patterns. It may or may not be the case with your gun, but it's definitely worth exploring. I shoot a Kicks High Flyer choke, so the black cloud is a no-no.