Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bushnell Laser Boresighter

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I thought there was something wrong with it. My question to customer service:

I have your laser boresighter and the laser is not centered. I can rotate the boresighter in the bore and the laser rotates around the targets the same distance 360 degrees. I'd like to send it in to get looked at.

They came back with:

This is how the unit is designed and it should be placed towards the bottom apex of the barrel.

The question is, what am I missing here? I figured you would want the laser to go straight out of the bore to the target.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Does it mention this anywhere in the instructions?

Heck no. I've read a lot of forums where guys say the same thing. There is no way you could possibly take this out and put it in exactly the same way. It will always be in a different position.

Last edited:

Lundy

I used to use a bore sighter and finally decided that for me it was more trouble that it was worth.

If I have someone at the range with me I can get my scope mucho close with one shot at 25 yds and then complete the scope adjustments at the longer yardages.

If you haven't tried this method you should give it a shot sometime, it will save you some ammo.

From a good solid rest take a shot at the center of a target at 25 yds. While you continue to hold on the center of the target, do not move the gun, have your buddy turn the scope adjustments so that the crosshair moves to where the bullet actually impacted the target.

You are now good to go to the 100 yd range and zero it how you desire, you will be on paper.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Mike, am I missing something in your post? Once you put it in the bore, you sight it in and then remove it.... At that point you're bore sighted, remove it and fine tune it with the rounds through it.... Why would you have too rotate it or remove it and put it back in? As long as the adapter is snug in the bore and the tapered end toward the laser is snug in the bore the lazer will line up on target with the bore correct? I've used this before and have had decent luck with it.....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Mike, am I missing something in your post? Once you put it in the bore, you sight it in and then remove it.... At that point you're bore sighted, remove it and fine tune it with the rounds through it.... Why would you have too rotate it or remove it and put it back in? As long as the adapter is snug in the bore and the tapered end toward the laser is snug in the bore the lazer will line up on target with the bore correct? I've used this before and have had decent luck with it.....

Technically yes, but I guess I don't understand how it would work if the laser wasn't perfectly centered out of the bore. If I can rotate the boresighter while snug in the barrel and it rotates around my target, how can that possibly work? If it's left of center wouldn't my shot be left of center if I used that laser point? I guess it would work to get you on paper, but I can do that just fine by looking through the barrel and could have saved $24. I'm going to use it as a high end cat toy.