Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bob Costas Douchewaffle #1

buckstar25

T-county
He quoted, paraphrased, and agreed with an article written by a KC reporter. Basically blaming the handgun instead of the individual. In the end he said if Javon Belcher didn't own a handgun he and his girlfriend would still be alive.....really Bob? And how can you be so sure? Freakin amazing!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
So a 275 pound linebacker couldn't kill a 120 pound girl with his bare hands?

Maybe if the girl had a gun there wouldn't be a orphan.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Larry The Cableguy said it best: "Guns don't kill people"......"Husbands that come home early kill people":smiley_coolpeace:

badger

*Supporting Member*
Instead of placing blame, this douche could have used his position to offer some kind of help to all the people involved. It saddens me to know the pain these families are feeling now, and may feel forever. There was never a moment that I blamed guns for our son's death, and never will. I did blame myself which was the wrong thing to do. People who reach such a low place in their life are clearly not thinking straight. Instead of looking at how they ended their life, we need to look at how things could have been different and use that to help others who are in the same dark place.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I turned it off and won't frequent again unless Costas is made to recant...which hebwont have to. Its a Progressive world and we just make it spin.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I hate how every high profile tragedy like this gets politicized by anti-gun lefties, and the first thing blamed by these folks is the tool used, a gun. These people skip right over the victims (in this case, a mother who was murdered by a man who was experiencing issues most of us don't understand) and move right on to their own personal agenda. If you're anti-gun that's fine, good for you, and good luck if shit ever hits the fan. BUT saying mindlessly that guns are the problem, and suggesting that we need even stricter gun laws than we already have just point to your ignorance.

Do they think that the "bad guys" give a shit about gun laws. Or that murders didn't take place until firearms were invented? People kill people with knives, maybe we need stricter knife laws, and all of our food should come already cut into bite size pieces prepared for us by the government. People kill people with poison, maybe we should ban everything that might be poisonous so that its not used for something other than its original intention. People kill people with cars. Maybe we should ban cars, and have government regulated drivers available to take us from point A to point B so that we don't get into a wreck and kill somebody. People kill people with drugs. Maybe we should ban drugs so that people don't take them and overdose anymore. Wait, drugs are already illegal and people still buy them and overdoes. And the dealers they bought the drugs from aren't caught, or charged with murder. Maybe they should be. Maybe we should all close our eyes, click our heels together, and say "there's no place like home" over and over again until the world turns into a Disney movie utopia.

Ahhhhh, now that's better. It's Monday and Bob Costas is a douchwaffle. Time to get back to work.