Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tays bb hunt.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
.....on Wednesday ended about 30 seconds after it started!lol
Ron and I invited Taylor and Jake down for an evening for our deer camp festivities and a morning hunt the following day mid week. After BSing just before 1 am Wed morning we decided we needed to get some sleep so I could get them set up for a hunt around first light. We got up around 6:30 and got a bite to eat then I dropped them off at two separate TS sets about a half mile apart. I dropped Tay off first then Jake. I put Jake in a set that had great vantage points and plenty of cover but the deer just weren't moving Wed. morning in that spot. After getting both guys dropped off I drove the 5-6 mile loop that encloses our 78 acres. Ron and his daughter Erin were in a ground blind in between the guys but down on the lower shelf in the middle of the thicket. Coincidentally, they didn't see much movement either throughout most of the morning but less than 5 minutes after dropping Jake off I get back after making the loop drive my phone rings and its Ron saying he heard one of our guests shoot. After hearing Ron's discription of the shots direction I knew it was T. I drive on by his set and go to our camp to get the quad ready just in case and answer Mother Nature.lol

It wasn't 5 minutes I see T walking into camp with a big grin shaking his head! He said, that was the shortest hunt he'd ever had, saying it prolly didn't take 30 seconds. Lol

We went down into the hollar on the quad and retrieved his deer, a nice young bb. Afterwards him and I did some small two man pushes to the other two hunters only jumping a doe and her two young on our entire property. They just weren't there this particular day but we all had a great time.

Thanks to Taylor and Jake for taking the time out of their busy schedules to pay us a visit.

Here is Taylor and his deer.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thanks again for having us out Ron! I might not have seen any deer, but I had an awsome time. You guys are great hosts! Listening to Erin and the other boy pick the guitar and sing was outstanding. Ill have to make it down again.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Great shooting Taylor! You are proficient with all weapons! All hail Tay Tay! :D

Really wish I could have made it to camp the other day. I was looking forward to it, but had some things come up I had to take care of!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great shooting Taylor! You are proficient with all weapons! All hail Tay Tay! :D

Really wish I could have made it to camp the other day. I was looking forward to it, but had some things come up I had to take care of!

No prob Flutie, things come up and I understand. Good luck on your next hunt buddy!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks again for having us out Ric! I might not have seen any deer, but I had an awsome time. You guys are great hosts! Listening to Erin and the other boy pick the guitar and sing was outstanding. Ill have to make it down again.
Fixed it for ya Jake! Rotflmao

We both really enjoyed your visit!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I swear there's something wrong with me lol. I always call you Ron, and even write it in posts haha. I have no idea why. Maybe you look more like a Ron than a Ric. Sorry about that man lol.