Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

But still a nice day.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
My youngest wanted to go deer hunting this season but had no range time in w/ a gun so I would not let her carry BUT I did offer to let he go, sit in a blind and do everything else. She rose early with me this morning, filled her thermos w/ hot chocolate as I filled mine w/ coffee. I dropped her off at a pop-up blind before sunrise I had thrown up yesterday so she could be out, fidget, surf and move but still be hidden. (about 350-400 yards from me. )She did great the first 3 hours so I traded w/ her and she sat the last hour in the ladder stand.

Sadly, not a single deer offered its self up so my baby girl could experence a successfulll deer hunt in person.
Happly, I had a great time with her on a morning and evening hunt. It was good shit.

Beauty

I saw this shot the other day and liked it so I tried for one myself.

and the Beast.
or maybe Hemingway comes to mind...
"He was a old man who sat alone in a tree and he had gone 4 days with out seeing a deer"
(as in " The old man and the sea...)

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Damn. Just realized that 6-7 years ago I had my older daughter in that same ladder stand for a regular season hunt. What a difference in the old Pine tree.

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's great Jim! My little girl (5) was looking at the pics with me. She gets excited to see other girls hunting, and last night she told her Mom & I that she was going to be a hunter when she grows up!