Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Things spouses do or say which make no sense

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gotta make it quick. Off to family pictures. Ugh.

While getting ready my wife tells me I must change my pants. My question is why? Nothing wrong with them. Her answer they are work pants. So I go take them off. Walk around in my drawers bothering her while she is in bathroom getting ready. Walk back into bedroom to put pants back on. Walk into hallway and ask "how about this pair?" Her reply: much better. Thank you honey.

No problem.

Thing is, it was all in her head. No different than me bitching about her driving. In all reality, has only had one or two tickets our whole marriage and no at fault accidents. Just seems worse because she is a last minute brake pedal gal. Lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Haha... I always think of what my Grandpa would say anytime I'd be on the phone talking to him about my wife...

He'd say, "Yeah, I know exactly whatcha mean. I'm married to one too." Then he'd crack up, and I could hear Grandma smacking him. rotflmao

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
how bout things they dont say?

"honey, why do you have so many pairs of shoes?"

No response, all I get is this funny look that implies I should already know why and there is no need for her to answer.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
My wife came from a non hunting family so I used to get the questions, Why do you need more than one gun? why do you need a back up bow? isnt one treestand enough? After I started askin questions about purses and shoes and such she got the point and doesnt ask anymore!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dante- Some things I just don't ask. For example: How many shoes do you have? Reason: She might ask how many guns or bows I have or how much I spend on hunting or how many cameras or. . . .Just not going there.:smiley_crocodile:

How about some of the classics?

Do these jeans make my butt look big?

If you were single, would you still check me out?

You know, sometimes we just say things to each other which just plain and simply don't make sense or we really don't want the answer to. haha

whack

Lol I generally find it best to avoid these subjects for my safety. I was buying a vehicle a few months ago and my wife wanted me to get one versus the other bc it was cheaper to fill up even though they got the same mpg lol the one gas tank was 1.2 gallons bigger. I told her if it made her feel better I would never put more than 22 gallons in it lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is what I am talking about Whack. Funny stuff. No doubt men and women look at things/think differently.

ohio
Mine complains about random things, I hate the dogs drinking from the toilet I put the lid down, she throws a fit about it, I said what is the big deal lift it up, she said I don't want to touch it lol I said I have to touch the seat you put your ass on, nobody pisses on the lid

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My bride wanted to put the numbers on a new mailbox a few months back. On one side she put "12995", on the other "59921".

Blonde doesn't always come from a bottle.

My co-worker's wife is a natural blonde. While they were sitting in traffic, there was a vehicle in front of them with a bumper sticker that read: "My Savior is a Jewish Carpenter". He seen her looking at it with a puzzled look, so he asked, "Do you know what it means?"
She says, "I don't get it."
He says, "Who is the most well known Jewish carpenter that you know...in the entire world?"
She thinks for a minute and says, "Geppetto?"

He folded up laughing...in tears. rotflmao

Bowhunter57