Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Almost Finished

badger

*Supporting Member*
I paid the taxidermist a visit today to check on my boar hog from Texas. I also paid some more green down on the mount. He's within a few weeks of completion on this one. So far I'm very pleased with the look of this old bruiser. I need to get the skull done so I can age it.

The weight on this hog has been up in the air as we didn't have a reliable scale with us. Terry estimated the weight around 350# based on two other hogs he just finished that were brought in with accurate weights from certified scales, and skull measurements. One of the other two hogs he did weighed in just over 400#, and wasn't too much larger than mine. I know I'll probably never shoot a free range hog this size again, and I'll never go on another hog hunt without a good scale.

Here's a few LDP's and a few of the progress of the mount.

LDP's

Mount

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That is Great Dale! Pretty Cool hearing the story first hand and now seeing the size of that hog! Congrat's on such a fine hunt and awesome mount for the memories!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dale...Man. At 8 yards with a bow and those tusk and the weight...A little Ballsy my friend.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Way cool! Thanks for bringing that post back up. Well worth re-reading. Good to hear you will have him finished soon. Congrats on a hog of a hog!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That looks great Dale! I'd have to put that thing in a room where I wouldn't walk past it in the dark or all sleepy-eyed. I'd end up having a heart attack that one time I forgot about it and caught it out of the corner of my eye! lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That looks great Dale! I'd have to put that thing in a room where I wouldn't walk past it in the dark or all sleepy-eyed. I'd end up having a heart attack that one time I forgot about it and caught it out of the corner of my eye! lol

HAHA! No kidding!!! That thing looks NASTY!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like your taxi is doing a fantastic job Dale! He'll look great on your wall! Congrats again on taking such a big assed hog with a bow at 8 yards on the ground!!! That is badass on all counts!