Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Stuffed Goose/Chicken Breast

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
One of the simplest and best ways I have to do goose, and this will work fine on chicken breasts once cut into smaller pieces, is to roll/stuff them with a jalapeno southwest cream cheese. Start by marinating the breasts for 24 hours in Italian dressing. Take an 8 oz. cream cheese and add a tablespoon (really as much as you like) of Mrs. Dashes Southwest Chipotle seasoning to the sour cream. Finely dice a couple small, fresh jalapenos, add to the sour cream and stir to combine ingredients.

Using a sharp knife, butterfly the breast about 2/3rds of the way through. Lay the breast open and add a spoon full of the cream cheese mixture. Seal the breast up using strips of bacon and toothpicks. Then grill the pieces on medium heat until the bacon is a “medium rare”. (A little longer for chicken.)

If you ever hunt with me and stay at my house, you’ll get to eat these and I promise you’ll be a fan of goose afterwards!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds pretty tasty. I'll give you another one... even simpler yet. Just put a couple goose breasts in the ol' crock pot, with some water, beef bouillon cubes, and worchestershire sauce. Cook on low for about 6 hours, then add a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce, or any other preferred BBQ sauce. DO NOT overcook the goose meat... it will RUIN it. Shred up the breasts with a fork, stir the BBQ around, and WAAAHLAAA!! Pulled BBQ Goose Sammiches!!!! So good they'll make ya bitch slap your grandma.

Matt

Norton, OH
Sounds good Jesse. Gonna have to try that this year. There was a guy I used to work with at Gander who brought in "Sloppy Goose" one time and it was AWESOME! Might have to swing up to see him and snag his recipe.