Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tuesday evening

Lundy

This one is in the truck.

File size too large to upload pics at my hotel. I will post when I get home at end of the week.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Attaway Lundy!
Always cool to have the "before" pics to go with the "after" :smiley_clap:

I'll bet the weapon of choice was a....muzzleloader!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anticipation for more pics and the story is riding high! That is a great buck Lundy. Congrats!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats and nice picture.
What is the item on the left of the picture? It looks like a jar with a red lid.
Frank

Lundy

Thanks,

Actually it was not with my muzzleloader. I hunted in very think area yesterday with shot opportunities all pretty close and lots of brush, briar's limbs, everywhere. As much as I love my MZ and how I can reach out a ways with it if I need to there is just too much potential junk to hit in this area that I hunted yesterday. I carried my 12 ga Ultra Slugster for the larger heavier slug and capability of a faster followup shot if required. It wasn't needed:) Just felt I needed to carry the right tool for where I was hunting.

The jar with the red lid was a jar of peanut butter I put up back in late Sept to see how the deer would react to it. I had read on the Internet, (so it must be true:)), that the deer love it. I put out 3 jars around the property and put a camera on all of them. The deer paid little to no attention to the peanut butter, the coons LOVED it.

Lundy

No big story on this one.

I had my first picture of him, one pic, on 9/4. I did not get another pic of him until 10/22. On those pics it was beautiful daylight and over 50 pics. NO MORE pics in what I thought was is home area until 11/20 and again it was one pic, but it was late afternoon with daylight, not night, so I was happy to see he was still alive and walking around during the daytime.

When I pulled all of the camera chips (7) on Sunday afternoon before the gun season I not only got the picture of him in his area on 11/20 but I had one picture of him on 11/23 on a camera about as far from his home area as he could be and still be on the property.

Wind direction on Monday kept me out of the area that I thought he lived in. Tuesday gave me the north wind that I needed. I busted a deer going in before daylight that blew a bunch of times. Around 8 AM I see 4 does slipping through the thick stuff. At noon I see a single button slipping through the same area. At 4:15 I see 3 does through the thick stuff moving East, opposite direction as the movement in the morning. No shot on them even if I had wanted to. At 4.25 I see this buck coming through the same thick stuff but he provides a shot at 95 yds and he went around 40 yds after the shot. Top of the heart shot, over quickly.

During these months I had hundreds and hundreds of pictures of a multitude of different bucks in this same area. I belived he was still there even with weeks with no pics of him, he is one I took video of last year during the MZ season that I passed. I felt it was his home and unless he was dead he was still there. Not many trail cam pics of a buck that probably lived his entire life within a very short distance of this camera location with a feeder!

His body is smaller that the 10 last year, he rack is not huge but it is nice, at least to me.