Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My biggest

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
It was an eventful morning for me. On the drive to my hunting spot, I seen a big 9pt that I have been after for some time. He was locked on a doe. Seen him on the side of the road with my headlites, Kept driving down the road.
I was going to hunt a different spot but after seeing the 9 locked on the doe, I had to go after him. It wouldnt be easy, The wind was wrong. I new the doe would head to a deep draw where they bed. So I went the long way around and came up the back side of the draw with the wind in my face. I slowley worked my way up the draw looking down in to the trees, And finnaly I spotted the 9 standing over the bedded doe about 100 yards away.
I couldnt get a clear shot, I had to get closer. So I crawled toward the 9, I got about 30 yards and all hell broke loose. There were more deer bedded in the draw that I didnt see. The deer all took off across the field and out of site.
I sat there shaking my head, Thinking to myself, What was I thinking. I looked back toward the draw about 100 yards up, I seen a buck standing on the edge of the draw looking around. I glassed him, And new who he was. I tried to grunt the buck toward me, But he was'nt gonna come, He looked completly exausted. A few minitts later he bedded where he was standing in some tall grass. All I could see was his head.
I belly crawled my fat ass through the uncut bean field toward him. I got about 60 yards from him and he herd me. I lay there about 10 minnits before he finaly got up and offered me a shot.
Thank you deer gods. DSCF0868.jpgDSCF0875.jpg
12 points, Rough score 168.75