Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good Luck

Lundy

I wish good luck and a safe return home to those of you going gun hunting next week.

I will be in Athens all week hunting everyday.

Staying at the same little hotel just outside of town as I have for the last 20+ years.

It is always a very enjoyable week that I look forward to each year, deer or no deer taken by me.

I have my daughter-in law going again this year so It will add even more to my fun, I hope:) She is not hunting until Saturday and I have to put her on deer.

Where is everyone hunting?

Post a bunch of pictures this week and kill a big one.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
gotta work all week, only day off is sunday. I am planning to buy another tag and get out there. still have bonus weekend and muzzy, as well as late season. I love hunting in the snow.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Lundy, I'll be hunting Coshocton with our very own X-bowguy Rick, for the first two days. I'm headed down to stay with him and Diane tomorrow afternoon. With their help I'm hoping to add some points for team FDL. Yesterday I switched out the field barrel with the slug & scope set up on my son's 930. The copper solids from Remington have shot pretty damn good out of this gun the past few years, and I'll be sighting it in this afternoon. There's nothing like sighting in a slug gun with the snow flying....and we do have snow coming down today!

Good luck and safe hunting to all!:smiley_coolpeace:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Lundy, I'll be hunting Coshocton with our very own X-bowguy Rick, for the first two days. I'm headed down to stay with him and Diane tomorrow afternoon. With their help I'm hoping to add some points for team FDL. Yesterday I switched out the field barrel with the slug & scope set up on my son's 930. The copper solids from Remington have shot pretty damn good out of this gun the past few years, and I'll be sighting it in this afternoon. There's nothing like sighting in a slug gun with the snow flying....and we do have snow coming down today!

Good luck and safe hunting to all!:smiley_coolpeace:

I'm not gun hunting, but am greatly looking forward to meeting Dale! :smile:

This will be my first endevour with a handgun. I've killed deer with every other firearm allowed in this state, so I figured I'd give it a shot. :smiley_crocodile:

Also, this will be my brother's first time out for deer hunting. He'll be using my Mossberg that I used last year. The cantalever rifled barrel with the 3x9 scope has proven to be a deadly combination. I'm going out later to sight it in with some Hornady SST ammo. We'll be hunting locally.

Bowhunter57

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I will be doing all day hunts M-T. Then off to the Lima gunshow.
I think my brother is coming down M-T sometime to hunt.
Handgun all the way. Still looking for my buck.
Frank

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I will be in Ashland cty for Monday and Saturday morning. That's the only time I'll get this gun season. Then I'll be hunting the entire muzzleloading season come january. Due to my lack of time I'm only hunting for large amounts of bone above the head of a buck during this gun season, I'll do the freezer filling come muzzleloading.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck to all of you!

I am really looking forward to the opening day. Having had some real dandies "almost" close this bow season, I'm hoping to see at least one of them with my trusty 1100 in hand. A life-long friend is coming up to hunt with me on Monday and I think we are both looking forward to a great time in the woods. We will be hunting in Fayette Co, where I have spent the majority of archery season. I know for a fact there are at least a dozen bucks running around the area that he will be happy to harvest, and I hope he does.

I will be able to hunt everyday I feel like going, and I've felt like going a lot this year! :)

lung buster

hocking county
Good luck and be safe to all gun hunters! I plan to carry a gun mon,thurs and fri mornings. The rest of the time will be spent with my son being the trigger man. Im looking forward to it!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good luck all! I'll be hunting Wednesday evening and then I have off Friday, and then the weekend. Looking to reach out and touch one.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will be on patrol for trespassers. Might try to get my boy out with the crossbow, but i am hesitant due to the number of idiots out.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Good luck every one, wish you all a safe and successful week. As for me I have no plans really to go out, but hopefully on call to help drag a few.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Trespasser patrol here. With some hunting inbetween. Taking the TC muzzy with me I believe. Depends on what I do today shooting.

Shoulder Blade

In coshocton going to hit up some AEP land. We did ok last year but I feel there will be more guys out this year vs last year.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Three shot group out of the 930 with Copper Solids at 50 yards. Hitting the road very soon!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353867763.459215.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Mr. Badger, a buddy and I are headded for Coshocton. Just hoping Dale and Jeff get bucks tomorrow. I've got a doe tag and just looking to shoot one in the head with the muzzy.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'll be out with muzzy tomorrow. I've already called in with the flu.

Klay is gonna tag along and sit with me. If we get an easy shot at a doe I may hand the gun to Klay. Otherwise we will just watch her.

Kody will be toting the 12 gauge 1100 and sitting with my dad. Hes hoping for a nice trophy.

We are starting the morning off at Mingo Sportsman Club. Hoping an influx of hunters gets deer moving.

If we get pressured by too many guys we will head back to the private property.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be beating brush in the morning for the people siting at my uncle's. After that, I'm headed to our farm to patrol for trespassers. I really hope I don't have to shoot someone this week...