Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Post gun strategies

Milo

Tatonka guide.
With the eve of gun season upon us, what ar you plans for after the orange assasins rape and pillage the local deer herd? I am noticing my local herd getting back into their usual comings and goings. Food is still plentiful for the most part but this cooler weather should start to put a damper on supply.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Im going in to do some walking and try to bump some deer up and see where they are staying at and where their escape routes are. Also going do practice some more tracking

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
If I still had a buck tag? I would be hunting cut corn fields. Preferably close to Doe hang outs. A lot of the farmers have picked their corn, but there's a lot of corn on the ground. I think corn is the major food source in the late season.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
If I still had a buck tag? I would be hunting cut corn fields. Preferably close to Doe hang outs. A lot of the farmers have picked their corn, but there's a lot of corn on the ground. I think corn is the major food source in the late season.

Any corn where you live is a good thing for sure :D

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I'm hoping that two of my spots will still be productive as the gun hunting should be fairly light on them. The other one will get pressured & pushed like crazy and not worth a damn until next September.

For the most part I'll be hunting other stuff besides deer in December, then I'll get the bow back out after Christmas... maybe.

We need to slaughter some yotes around here too this winter.

Gordo

Athens County
I'll be seeing whats left and whackin does with the recurve on the properties that need it. I also have my dad and brother in law to help on the population control.

Im hoping the up and comer bucks will hold tight this next week. Survival of the fittest.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Half of my areas are bow only so the deer get pushed into them. Hoping people drive, drive, drive and shove them all over to me where I wont do any drives. Prob is I am land locked by a golf course with TONS of cover.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Going coon huntin. Deer are already holed up and not moving with the increase of people out there off and on the past few weeks that seem to have come out of nowhere trying to find a good spot to sit for gun season.

2 weeks and only seen one doe and no new deer sign anywhere.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
2 weeks and only seen one doe and no new deer sign anywhere.

checked a cam yesterday that had sat for 2 weeks. Not a single deer passed in front of it. All i got was a bunch of guys with headlamps at about 10;30 at night. Not sure if they were trailing one or coonhunting.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Mike, what do you need them for? If I have the time, I'll be hanging cable for them by the end of the week.

I had a pedestal mount last year at maxs flea market, I had more people try to buy than looked at it. So this year I though I would have a few extra mounted up to sell. I just need a couple decent ones.