Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bushnell Videos and some pics

buckstar25

T-county
Not sure why it does it but the sound is amplified on some videos and not on others? Maybe has something to do with the time or settings? We haven't read instructions on the cam.

buckstar25

T-county
Found this bucks shed from last year laying about 100 yds from where he has been hanging around and T-Boned the decoy. I was checking cams on Sunday before Gun opener. Pretty cool find and can't mistake the sharp curl on the beam.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354061788.271772.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354061819.838517.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354061843.602261.jpg

buckstar25

T-county
Headin out tomorrow to check cams, was a slow gun week due to "circumstances out of our control" so hopefully the does came back to the thickets. Heard of 2 nice ones seen but not shot so ill find out tomorrow if they were hanging out on our side.

Only pics we got are of a 4pt, spike and 2 fawns on 6 cams through gun season

buckstar25

T-county
Boy oh boy! Pretty excited! We finally got daytime pics of the big 8! Only one but it couldn't be a better picture!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355094207.087250.jpg

Thought this picture was pretty cool...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355094235.287842.jpg

I'm not big on names but I'm gonna call this one BJ Penn. he has te same look on his face Penn did after gettin his ass handed to him!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355094421.850697.jpg

Other than that, it looks like we are holding 1 maybe 2 does on our place and a shitload of orphaned fawns. At one point there are 7 fawns and a doe in the plot laying down.

buckstar25

T-county
I'm already tagged out this year but would be happy to see my old man, brother or buddy get him. He has blown up since last year and has always been nocturnal, at least on our property.

The busted rack buck, you think he is shedding or broken? I can't tell for sure in either picture.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don't know for sure if he's shedding. My guess is he prolly busted it off partially from fighting or rubbing and its barely hanging on. Still not positive though. I had a small buck back in the early 80's walk under me that looked just like that, called him the "chin strap" buck. He had a black hole where the base used to be and the rack just hung off too the side like that one does. It was late Oct or early Nov TOO.

buckstar25

T-county
This dude shows up less than 3 hours after I hung the cam! New rubs showed up along the logging road an by the looks if his bases I think it was probably him doing it. He had a goofy set on his head, left side looks to be just a brow and the beam. Would love to see the old man get a crack at him this weekend. We have zero pictures if this deer up to now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355429431.664369.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355429447.665994.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This dude shows up less than 3 hours after I hung the cam! New rubs showed up along the logging road an by the looks if his bases I think it was probably him doing it. He had a goofy set on his head, left side looks to be just a brow and the beam. Would love to see the old man get a crack at him this weekend. We have zero pictures if this deer up to now.

View attachment 11921
View attachment 11922

That last pic is TOO cool! Hope your dad gets him! He prolly needs taken out anyway. Still heck of a nice deer! Good luck this weekend!

buckstar25

T-county
He just missed him! Had him comin on a rope right to his stand, 40yds and he shot too early. He said he just choked and shot over him!

buckstar25

T-county
He was still stewing when I finally got to talk to him. He said he wished he had taken his bow, he would have let the deer walk to him.

He saw the deer and was already standing with his shooting sticks laying against the tree behind him. He didn't grab them because the deer was coming right to him, he pulled up and steadied the gun on the tree and waited. Said the buck stopped at 40 yds and was looking up the hill (not sure if it was at him or not) he said he just panicked and squeezed the shot off. Right over his shoulder and into the tree behind him! 40+ years of huntin, he is as good a shot as I have seen and he still got rattled! I told him that's all he can ask for is a chance.