Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thanksgiving Sqwack Hunt

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Starting a new tradition on this, the 30th Thanksgiving day of my life. I brought my 1940's era Mossberg No. 46 .22 bolt action today. It was my great-grandfather's gun and it was given to me as my first gun. It is by far the most accurate gun I own. The body count sits at 1 for the morning, just one of hundreds this gun has killed!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353590799.691995.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thats a great tradition to have Jesse. I was going to take Mason out for a short squirrel hunt this morning too, but the thought of having to be an hour away for dinner kept us from going.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I'd love to get back to hunting on Thanksgiving. My friend and I did rabbits for a few years when we were younger. I don't like doing things by myself.... I love the idea of a Thanksgiving hunt tradition.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great tradition too get started in, that way your daughter can join you in a few years...... Congrats Jesse..... Oh and Mike hit it on the head, that'd be a great black and white photo.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well done!
There is not much better than to carry a old family gun afield. I'll take a old gun of Gramps or Dads over a new one every time!