Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A thread of thankfulness

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
As I am sitting here this morning in the stand watching the sun come up over the horizon my mind foes to the holiday that we are celebrating today and all the blessings in my life. I thought it would be nice to just itemize a few of the things that I am thankful for.

I AM THANKFUL FOR.........

1. Relationships. The relationship that I have with my creator. The relationship with my awesome and caring wife. The relationship with my two children. The relationship with my parents, sisters, nieces and nephews. Also the relationship with all my fellow TOOzers.

2. My home. Not just the house I love in bit also thos beautiful county and country that we live in and love. I know there is plenty we can bitch about in our country and the way things are going, but I still believe this is by far the best country to live in on the face of this planet.

3. The things in life we so easily take for granted. It is so easy to get caught up in all the crap that consists of our "daily grind" we can tend to overlook the small things that when we stop and think about them they mean so much to us. I can't remember out of the 12672 days that I have woken up that my eyes didn't see when I opened them. Or my legs and arms didn't move when I tried, or my ears couldn't hear (although my wife would argue this one). Also just the wink of an eye or a smile from a loved one. It seems so small yet means so much.

4. I am also thankful for my hobby of hunting and the outdoors that it happens in. I am thankful for the family (TOO) that I share this passion and hobby with.

5. Food! I will be very thankful for all the wonderful meals I will partaking in today.

I encourage you all to just tale a few minutes and reflect on some specific items you are thankful for and share them. I also think this could be a thread that carries on through out the year as we have plenty to be thankful for all year round.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TOO!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I am thankfuul for my family. As bacasswards and disfunctional as they can be at times, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I am also thankful for my friends, you guys. (And gals)

I am thankful that I live in a country(as backasswards and disfunctional as itcan be at times) that allows me to have the freedoms I have.

Gordo

Athens County
Steve, you really nailed it buddy!

Im thankful for life and all the great people i have to share it with!

Every day above the ground is a good one!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I am thankful for the business i started over a year ago and where it has led me both positive and negative. I am thankful for the trials of life that make me a better man, father and friend. I am also thankful for the future and our ability to make it better thanks to the freedoms so many have given their lives to protect.w

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am thankful for the business you started as well. I am also thankful for boobs. Just saying.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
This is a little late but I am thankful for my family, I have put them through a lot of stress and worry (mostly Military related) and they are still there for me. I am thankful for the freedoms that I enjoy today and the ability to do the things I love to do. Thankful to have the damn good job that I have. Thankful for all the friendships that I have made over the years. There is too much to list, but I do want to mention I am Very Thankful for my Brothers and Sisters in Arms that carry on the protection of this great nation (may not seem like it at times) Past, Present and Future!! God Bless the USA!!

Huckleberry Finn

Good thread, Stevo. I have had so much change in my life in the last 6-8 months (and really year); and this year I've found that everything is something to be thankful for, as each change has been for the better.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great stuff all around fellas. I meant to add to this earlier and let it slip my mind...

The things I could list that I am thankful for are numerous and that in and of itself, is something to be thankful for. My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption and from that movie comes a quote that defines my life: "Andy Dufresne, the only man who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side." Often times in my life, I have felt like Andy and yet, I still come out clean on the other side. This is perhaps the one thing that I am most thankful for. There are days I feel like I don't deserve all that I have and wonder why it is that someone appears to be looking out for me. My loving wife, soon to be born little girl, my family, my job, and my friends are all things that I consider blessing in my life. This website and the brotherhood is houses and facilitates is also something I am truly thankful for. There is not a better time of year than right now to count your blessings and mine are abundant.