Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Info on a Hoyt Powertec?

Ricer2231

I am trying to find out as much as I can about a Hoyt Powertec. I have never owned a Powertec before but I have owned Hoyt's in the past and really liked them. The serial number is 0419784 and the part number is 980506. The bow is a Hoyt Powertec XT1000. Any info or links to websites would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. :):)

Kaiser878

ohio
What do u plan on doing with it? If hunting is it ur probably better off going and buying the new charger fully set up. It will be cheaper and its probably going to shoot better

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If it has the XT1000 limbs I think it has to be a 2006. I don't think they made the XT1000 limbs in the 90's at all.

Ricer2231

What do u plan on doing with it? If hunting is it ur probably better off going and buying the new charger fully set up. It will be cheaper and its probably going to shoot better

I am planning on hunting and going to a few 3D shoots. I can get the bare bow for $125.00 but I just don't know if I want to invest that amount of money in a bow that's 7 years old. I know $125.00 isn't much money but I would also have the cost of setting it up. I don't want to take the old stuff off my current bow.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am planning on hunting and going to a few 3D shoots. I can get the bare bow for $125.00 but I just don't know if I want to invest that amount of money in a bow that's 7 years old. I know $125.00 isn't much money but I would also have the cost of setting it up. I don't want to take the old stuff off my current bow.

$125 seems like a fair price, but I wouldn't do either if I were you. There are plenty of slightly-used bows out there for sale that are newer than the Powertec. I think for a few hundred bucks you could find a nice bow somewhere in the middle. Buying one brand new is quite an expense. Been there, done that... Not sure I'll buy another bow brand new again.

Ricer2231

I will let the guy know Monday what I am gonna do. I will let you know as soon as I decide too. With all the research I have done so far I am 99.9% sure it is a 2006.

Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner Beentown. It's been pretty hectic this week. He sold the Powertec I was looking at. I did however buy a 2007 Hoyt Vectrix xt500. I am really stoked about the " new to me " bow. I just ordered, in dire need of, a set of Winners Choice string and cables. The bow shop told me it could take a week to two to get them in and then we will get them installed. The bow has a set of Extreme sights that I really like so I won't be changing those but I do think I am gonna ask Santa to bring me a new rest. It has an old Cobra Diamond Back drop away and I just haven't decided what drop away I am gonna install. I am looking at QAD, Trophy Taker, Ripcord, or a Trophy Ridge. The order I listed them in is pretty much the way I am leaning right now but I would like to hear any and all comments/suggestions you guys might have. I will use my bow for hunting mainly and some 3d shooting in the summer. Also I would love to hear any comments you guys in my area might have about the bow shop I am beginning to deal with, it is T&K Archery. Thanks for your time.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Ricer, some of the guys I work with deal with T&K archery and havent heard anything bad about the place, my buddy just got a new set of strings put on his Hoyt there and hasnt had any problems, congrats on the new bow!

Ricer2231

Ricer, some of the guys I work with deal with T&K archery and havent heard anything bad about the place, my buddy just got a new set of strings put on his Hoyt there and hasnt had any problems, congrats on the new bow!

Thanks for the info and thanks for the congrats on my new bow. I'm getting the new string and cables put on as soon as they come in and I am getting a new LD Pro V rest from Santa and then it's off to see Milo for him to tune it up for me. Can't wait to get it all done so I can get to shooting.