Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Possible Archery WR Typical shot in Ohio

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Can't believe no one has posted about this yet! So Rick Kreuter has possibly shot a world record from Coshocton. My best guess is he'll tip 200. Initial reports have him at 210 or better. Typical archery record is 204 I believe. Either way, just an absolute pig...

My buddy said, why in the world would you want a somewhat known guy like that to kill that deer? Why wouldn't you try to kill that deer? I said, I don't think it was necessarily planned to kill him lol. It takes a little bit of luck on anyone's part to connect on a buck of this caliber. Either way, congrats go out to a lucky Rick!!!

Attachments

• RickKreuterOhio1.jpg
    RickKreuterOhio1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 383

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Don't know him but that's a hell of a buck regardless .... Congrats too him... hopefully he took it legally and did't cut any corners too cheapen it....

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Yea, the guy has about 6k acres through Coschocton, Licking, and Muskingum counties. Rick and Julie got their start on Drury's first dream season competition show. I have hunted with the Kentucky boys who actually were winners that year, but Rick and Julie really caught the Drury's attention and they added them to the pro-staff anyway. They have since taken off and gotten their own show. Couple of enjoyable, everyday normal folks, to watch...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Man I really hope this is not true. At least I hope it was not in Coshocton. Being a Coshocton resident I can only imagine what this will do and how many hunters it will bring in. I dont have to pay to hunt anywhere. That will likely change if this is true. I will cross my fingers and hope it was somewhere else.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
It was def shot in Ohio, and the reports is that it was out of Coshocton. SE Ohio is no secret to anyone who truly wants to shoot a big WT. Ohio got on our over 10 years ago, and we were guys who never imagined traveling to other states to hunt.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
There you go... Thanks Cotty.

There are no trophy fee's on any fair chase that I know of. A hunt like that probably costs in the neighborhood of 2500-3000.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wonder how much that hunt would cost with trophy fees included?

There you go... Thanks Cotty.

There are no trophy fee's on any fair chase that I know of. A hunt like that probably costs in the neighborhood of 2500-3000.

Well yes and no.. When an outfitter gets a buck like that on the line they don't put one of the 1,800 dollar clients on it. They typically shop around for a hunting celebrity wiling to pay for it. Not only do they start a small bidding war by tv personalities who want it on their show, but they also get the free advertising..