Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Some people don't realize what kind of a storm will head their way

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Agreed. I'm not sure that firing her is justified. Why would you post that. Did she expect people to actually laugh at that?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wouldn't be the first person fired over posts on FB and for her to even think that was funny shows how out of touch some people are in this virtual world we live in. My employer told me upfront that if I chose to have them as my employer on my profile and I posted any negative remarks I could be fired. You can bet your bottom dollar if I did what she did I would find my butt in the office with a pink slip showing me the door.

Complete DISRESPECT if you ask me.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
It really bothers me that her job is working with handicap people. Strikes a bit too close to home for me. If she shows that much disrespect for our servicemen, God only knows what she is saying/doing/making fun of with her job.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
IMO, she's a dumbass and deserves all that comes her way from this. I get the humor in relation to what the sign asks, but not in regard to the location and reason it exists. You want to be a dumb fuck and share it with the world, then you can deal with the come uppins that follow.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
dumbass!

I would like to think that shes gonna get what she deserves, but we do live in a pussified nation. There will be just as many people jumping up and saying " you cant punish her for that, freedom of speech!" the big time lawyers will get involved and she will probably end up getting some sort of a cash settlement for all those slanderous statements that were made against her.. Thats how it works in the U S of A nowadays.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The irony here is, because of those servicemen she disrespected she will be able to feed off the system while she is off work looking for somebody that will hire her happy ass.

Your right though, she will get some cash out of it from some lawyer that files a case for something stupid and win.

Unless she has a written contract spelling out terms of employment she doesn't have a leg to stand on about being let go. An employer can fire it's employees at anytime for any reason they feel fit unless it's something that's specified in a contract.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Say's the photo was taken while at work. Trip to Washington DC "Attended by 40 residents and 8 staff". She may not have a leg to stand on.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Kinda like ozzy osbourne pissing on the alamo. Yeah, that ruined him.

Guess the difference is, he was too drunk to realize where he was, and probably didnt know what the alamo is anyway.

I know a airmen E-3 who was on a color guard duty. He thought it would be funny to take a picture of him wearing his cover backwards before the burial ceremony began then post it on Facebook. The result no more color guard duty, an ART-15, reduction to E-2 and 30 days extra duty. People do dumb stuff all the time. He didn't get discharged but it has pretty much ended his career. You can fuck up just a little that it will haunt you for a long time. Even if he stays in he will never get an award. They'll see his art 15 in his service record and trash his package. Its probably for the best because he is a lazy moron on the flight line too so it doesnt bother me one bit. What clowns both these people are.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If the sign was somewhere else, okay. haha. A little bit funny. The sign is at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for crying out loud! Use your 2 brain cells lady!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I think she deserves everything that has happened! I was on Funeral Detail for the Army for a little over a year before I got out. I got slapped, spit on, yelled at, almost anything you could think of because the familys were pissed that their family members died.. I got that and delt with it. Presenting a Flag to a family member of a US Servicemember who has passed was and still is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. For this lady to even think about doing that, at that patericular location is just insane.. It was said above if was at another location like a golf tourny.. ok but NOT at Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier..

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Disgraceful as all hell. She deserves what she got and deserves more. I think I might have laughed if she was just yelling, but the finger definitely takes it to a different level. To bad she can't be criminally prosecuted.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Disgraceful as all hell. She deserves what she got and deserves more. I think I might have laughed if she was just yelling, but the finger definitely takes it to a different level. To bad she can't be criminally prosecuted.

Chuck, I think the public opinion will be worse than what ever the court would do too her.... Being disgraced on a national level is far worse than any community service they would throw at her.... The picture taker should be in the same boat and I saw where her name and picture was posted as well....

I feel that she realizes what she did was wrong and stupid but unfortunatley it was only AFTER the flack came her way.... She's a dumb ass and we all know it but hopefully she'll learn and move on.... How many times have we done stupid shit in our lives and lived too regret it.... Good thing was back when we grew up we didn't have the instant communication that they do have now.....

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
How many times have we done stupid shit in our lives and lived too regret it.... Good thing was back when we grew up we didn't have the instant communication that they do have now.....

Agreed.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I've been to Arlington, a couple times, lastly on Nov 11, 2011... Serving myself, having a personal friend who will never walk again due to his service, I feel NO sorrow for this woman. Freedom of speech is unacceptable in the form of domestic terrorism. Utter disrespect, and disgusts me as a manly man who has shed tears at Arlington....