Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Antlerless Tags

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hey, was talking too a buddy of mine and he asked when the 15.00 antlerless tags ran out and I thought the Sunday before gun came in but wasn't 100% sure, so looked it up and I was right they run out the 25th of Nov (Sunday before gun comes in) so ify'all have any antlerless tags left make sure you don't take them into the field with you so you don't confuse them and end up using one by mistake.... Me? I'm going too try and use it before the dead line...... :smiley_coolpeace:

Here's the link too the info info....

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/hunting_deer.aspx

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Well good luck young lady..... The way yours and Ricks season has been going I don't think you'll need it.... :smiley_coolpeace:

Thanks, J, but I spent a bit TOO much time trying to kill the big ole biotch, then decided I better not waste the tag and go after her later. Problem is, I've been skunked on my other hunts.

I got all my Thanksgiving baking done today so I can give it a try again tomorrow evening.

Keep your fingers crossed!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm gonna try and fill a landowners tag back home and save my other either or for a late season hunt closer to the house.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Yup, good until Feb. in Urban zones.

I don't go into the urban zones so I only ever buy one antlerless tag and use it ASAP so it's not in my pack to worry about. Getting harder every year to do that though.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think I'm done with the $15 doe tags, I don't typically try to kill a doe early so it just leaves me with gun season to fill one. Last year I choose to eat one on my last day of hunting during gun season last year because we weren't seeing hardly any does in this particular area. Had her in my crosshairs at 40 yards with the safety off for 10 seconds and passed. With the either or tags I can hunt longer and I have a longer season and much cooler temps to let her hang awhile. For just 9 more dollars I can drag my season out if need be and not feel as much pressure to get it filled. IMO.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't usually buy the antlerless tags, but with our trip to Strouds this year, I bought one for that. Looks like I may eat it now...

oakswamper

around Toledo
After gun season if any of you guys or gals want to make a trip up here to try and fill one let me know, my property is in an urban county.
It's not around any city or town but they say it's an urban area lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll be out each of the next 5 days. I may make a trip to Athens and hit some private ground I have down there Saturday morning. We have to go down there for the game and its hard to pass up free reign of 130 acres with pine stands I can still hunt!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am going out with my son in the morning. Thought I was going to fill.it tonight but by the time I ranged her she was in the brush again.

I might take you up on that oak swamper.