Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any body lose a 6 point today near Marysville

Lundy

Around 11:30 today a 6 point crossed 33 , between Marysville and Bellefontaine, in front of me, I had to stop and let it go across,

It had a full length arrow stick in it's rump, missed the poop chute by 3" left to the left. Straight in , no angle at all, not much penetration, probably hit the hip or leg bone. Quite a bit of blood. It had a hard time jumping over the fence along the highway and then just stood in the field for a few minutes and hobbled off into a wood line.

I can only come up with a couple of scenario's,might be more, who knows. To me it was probably either a quartered away shot that the hunter shot way right or it was a longer shot and the hunter didn't realize how far a deer can move before an arrow gets to it

Sad no matter what happened to see that

brock

That is a shame! Hate to see things like that, and really hate for non-hunters to see it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can only come up with a couple of scenario's,might be more, who knows. To me it was probably either a quartered away shot that the hunter shot way right or it was a longer shot and the hunter didn't realize how far a deer can move before an arrow gets to it

Or even worse... The hunter actually TRIED to make a "texas heart shot." I know, sounds crazy... But the sad thing is, there are actually guys out there toting archery equipment that would consider that a good shot angle.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Another guess would be the deer was walking away at a severe quartering away angle and the shooter shot at him while he was still moving. Don't know who would attempt such a shot but I'm sure there are some that probably tried it before. Don't know?