Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Used rifled barrel mossberg 12ga value?

No, look up prices of new. Unless it is one of the big names I would pass. Last one I bought new was $169.

.Maybe my wording led you to think I was just talking about a rifled barrel alone?(my apologies if so)....You can get the complete gun for that cheap new?...I thought they was between 250$ an closer to 300$ new? I just don't understand this gun value thing at all...........

Last edited:
Some wear on the finish of the magazine tube.And the forend and pump action seems a tad loose(or maybe well broke in)...But it shoots and cycles fine as long as you dont baby it when you cycle a shell.I have only owned one Mossberg prior,so I dont have much to compare it too.My boss(buddy before he was a boss) said if I helped him get this bonus at work he would give me 100$...I told him "I may be interested in deal on the gun"..He said if he keeps the bonus and gets 50$ more the gun is mine...So I am kinda getting it for 50$ or 150$ depends how ya look at it...............I might try one of these cabelas slug scopes on it at some point

On a slightly off topic note..

What is your or anyone's thoughts on Del-ton(DTI) AR complete rifles?I am wanting to get into a AR for cheap(and the warranty makes me feel warm&fuzzy)..The models I am looking at seem to be going for around 700$....I have been wanting a AK an a cheap bolt 223 for awhile..So I figured the AR is a compromise in one single gun...Just wanting a recreational AR for varmints and the end of the world..Is Chrome Moly Vanadium a chrome lined barrel?...Most of the options seems similar from model to model with the exception of the cheapest model which seems to have no dust cover or forward assist and says steel barrel...Is a heavier barrel gun with more total weight better is a lighter weight model fine??? I know the benefits of a heavy barrel,but I aint sure if I need it...I basically want a AR that will do it all from close range to long range Thanks a for all the advice Charles!!

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Deltons are decent. For the money I would get a PSA. Those are not chrome lined barrels on base Deltons but that is not necessary anyway. Just a bit more durable in a service rifle. For plinking/hunting a non chrome lined is just fine and a lot of the time more accurate than CL barrels.

At first I was looking at the bottom of the DPMS line for 600$..But no CL,no forward assist an no dust cover.....I then dug deeper and am now at this point in the quest if am thinking a dust cover an forward assist might be nice..I would love a RRA but that is just out of budget...And I am still just LOOKING at this point..

So chrome vanadium an CL are different?..The Delton echo 316H(heavy barrel) is the one of them I was looking at.It does not say CL barrel...I just went and looked at PSA and did find one that might fit the budget,and it said both chrome vanadium and CL....Does anyone semi local sell PSA?Or will I be forced to pay the website cost plus my local fee for transfer?On a transfer do I have to pay tax on the firearm or just the tax on the fee?

Last edited: