Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Autopsy Results

Schu72

Streetsboro
This is my doe from this past weekend. I drew on another doe but she wouldn't stop walking so I shifted my aim to this old girl and she wouldn't stop either. I had to let the bow down. Luckily a few minutes later she came back. When the arrow hit here, I thought it might have been just a bit high. However, she only made it 30 yards before starting the death lean and then she was tumbling down the hill.

Here is how she came to rest. (Shows exit wound)

Here are the lungs.

Hero shot.

Schu72,
Congratulations on a fine doe! :smiley_clap:

This has been a tough year for me, so far. I've not been seeing many deer and can't seem to buy a shot at one. However, the season's not over and I'm not done hunting. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great forensics Scott. Wow, thems some big ole holes in those air bags TOO. Congrats on the doe and thanks for sharing.

Love the camo TOO.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Thanks everyone. I haven't had a good opportunity to take my time and examine my shot placement and broadhead performance in a while. And I was really curious because I thought I hit her a little higher than I wanted, but she expired so quick. Turns out I couldn't have hit her much better. Hunting hill country sure does steepen your shooting angles. Something I need to remember in the future.