Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Congratulations to a well deserving hunter!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This here is a young hunter whom is a big part of our deer camp group in SE Ohio. His name is Tristan Palmer (sorry buddy if I misspelled your name) and he has hunted his butt off over the last few years hoping to get a big buck down.
Well it happened yesterday morning so on behalf of our hunting group I'd like to say congratulations Tristan! Now if we can get your brother Dennis off the 2 legged deer and start focusing on the 4 legged ones maybe he can get one TOO!lol

Sorry I missed out on your big day yesterday but I know most of the guys were there to help you out and celebrate with ya. Looking forward to seeing ya next weekend and give ya a high five!

Ron and the fellers put a tape on his buck and it grosses 138" and nets 134".
Here are some pics:

Just wanted to add that Tristan and Dennis provide us guys at camp some of the best country/bluegrass music you can find and for that we're greatful. Congrats to their parents for raising to great young boys. Their dad Orin is a very talented musician himself so the fruit doesn't fall to far from the tree!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Congrat's to you Tristan! Very Nice Buck! And that smile say's most of the story. Job Well Done Young Man!
Thank's Ric for sharing his first dandy buck.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yep, this buck is a great example of what happens if you let bucks fully mature before harvesting. We jumped him up and a good friend of mine passed him up 3 times last year. He had several TC pics of him as well. We estimated this deer at 3.5 years of age and a score of 128-130 last year. He appears to have grown 10-12 inches and put on some weight since last year. We weighed him at 194 lbs. field dressed. Tristin was the lucky fella this year and very deserving to be the one to take him. I was proud and happy to be apart of this great story with a happy ending! Congrats again Tristin!