Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HME Cable Locks

Huckleberry Finn

I do not recommend these...

http://www.huntingmadeeasy.com/Treestand-Accessories

This morning after a hunt and a little ground scouting, I went to take my Millenium down before gun season. Climbed the sticks, put the key in the lock, and snap. Broke the key clean off. Of course, being an innocent hunter, I didn't know quite how to get the lock off, but there are several TOOzers that did haha.

1118121226.jpg

These locks sell individually and like 3 for $15-20 through Dunham's, Gander, Cabela's, etc. Gonna email the company and bitch about a defective product. I purchased the locks (and am using the other two currently) in September and this was the second time the key was in the lock...

Ya get what you pay for!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fugg them locks, son... Take the Millennium with you when you're done hunting. You could just lock the receiver to the tree I suppose.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I do not recommend these...

http://www.huntingmadeeasy.com/Treestand-Accessories

This morning after a hunt and a little ground scouting, I went to take my Millenium down before gun season. Climbed the sticks, put the key in the lock, and snap. Broke the key clean off. Of course, being an innocent hunter, I didn't know quite how to get the lock off, but there are several TOOzers that did haha.

View attachment 11386

These locks sell individually and like 3 for $15-20 through Dunham's, Gander, Cabela's, etc. Gonna email the company and bitch about a defective product. I purchased the locks (and am using the other two currently) in September and this was the second time the key was in the lock...

Ya get what you pay for!

I'd write them and say you're gonna post it on a Nationally Known Hunting Site that they suck! Then see what kind of free stuff they send ya in the mail????:smiley_clap: This has been done and worked. Also never heard from them again:tantrum:

Huckleberry Finn

Fugg them locks, son... Take the Millennium with you when you're done hunting. You could just lock the receiver to the tree I suppose.

I've been lazy and have left it in most of the season...it's on 'locked up' land and I haven't seen a soul back there. Lock or no lock, I wanted to pull it before guns season.