Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What a roller coaster!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Shitty ending

1. get to my tree early, see small buck and bobcat at ten yards pretty cool

2. Hear lots of gun shots, see three does busting ass towards me from gun shots.

3. I decide to take the leader, I draw and shoot quickly she was stopped.

4. I thought shot was low, didnt find arrow got down, and backed out.

5. Got my buddy waited 3 hours, went in after her. Found few drops of blood and white hair right where I shot her at, then found tons of blood where she stood about twenty yards after the shot. Found great blood for about 100 yards, then pin prick tracked her for about a mile and a half till we hit a river, and a hard road. WOW I dont know what happened, I think I hit an artery on the bottom of ribcage, and it clotted.

PS. When I first shot her, she ran twenty yards, almost fell over, and then I could see her muscles quivering. I thought she was going to fall right over there.

More of a vent the anything!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That is crazy. Sounds like you should have had a dead deer for sure.

yea like I said must have just hit an artery, and then it clotted up. I am thinking the blood can be deceiving, but if she ran that far I cant see how she could be dead ya know. Freaking 2 miles up and down hills.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I still think you got a dead deer somewhere. If it were me, and i had permission to look, i might get back out this morning and look some more.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Arteries don't clog. If you think you hit low, and it traveled that far with a deminishing blood trail, you likely did hit low and just cut some flesh. If not pushed, deer that are going to die typically lay down fairly quick. Find any beds?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Arteries don't clog. If you think you hit low, and it traveled that far with a deminishing blood trail, you likely did hit low and just cut some flesh. If not pushed, deer that are going to die typically lay down fairly quick. Find any beds?

did not push her, gave her atleast 3 hours, and never found a bed she just continued to move, drops straight down in her tracks. Must have gave her a flesh wound, she might die, but I know she lived for around 1.5 miles.