Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Cheap crossbow

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Buddy is wanting to get his son into deer hunting and looking for an old crossbow nobody wants or a cheap one to get him started deer hunting with. If anybody has one or any info about one let me know and I will pass the info on to him.

Thanks.

Fella I know picked up either the cheap SA sports or arrow precision(fury or fever or something like that).They look to be the same to me..Its a 175lb recurve style with a scope or red-dot for 135$..I think he ordered it from sportsmans guide.....Im thinking of getting one for my 7yr old and my old man to fart around with

I think he would be better off getting the kid a youth compound and setting it up for him. crossbows are pretty heavy and i see a lot of kids struggle with them. Getting him a bow like a Diamond razor edge that can grow with him would be a much better investment. He could use that bow up until he is 16 maybe longer. the FFA and NASP also have bow shoots and competition for youth.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think he is just wanting to get a cheap x-bow just so his son can try the deer hunting thing out and see if he likes it and would be cheaper then trying to find a gun to use plus he could use it during the warmer parts of the deer season. You know kids, some won't enjoy learning to hunt when they are frozen lol. His son could practice with it from now all thru summer and be ready for next year.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm keeping an eye out for ya RC. Right now is a rough time to buy one. Prices are outrageous due to season. But not impossible.