Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB .327 Mag. Rifle

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
YES three twenty seven mag. Marlin made in a 1894 platform. Stopped making some time ago. I'm looking to buy one. Any help appreciated.

I dont think that Marlin actually made a run of .327 Fed Mag model 1894's. I know that they built a short run of .32 H&R chambered model 1894's that a lot/most of people re-chambered to .327 Fed mag. Marlin also made a run of .41 mag model 1894's around the same time frame. I also know that people re-chamber the older Marlin model 94's chambered in .32 H&R to .327 Fed Mag as well. . I understand that a lot of people wanted Marlin to come out with a .327 Fed Mag model 1894's before the Remington buy out but I don't think it ever happened...
BTW
The .327 Fed mag cartridge came out in 2007 or 2008 so any rifles Marlin chambered for the round wouldn't be that old. The .32 H&R is the parent case for the .327 Fed Mag. So the .327 Fed mag is just a improved .32 H&R.

I really wish someone would make a light weight point-able rifle chambered for the .327 Fed Mag. Maybe someday soon Marlington will get their heads out of their butts and make a good quality lever action again. Maybe a Model 1894 .327 Fed Mag. :smiley_bril: I hope you find what your looking for Ted.

Last edited:

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Thanks for the info Arch. I did call Martin and that was where I got the 1894 info. Course it was a women, no ofense ladies. Wonder waht it would cost to chanber.32 into a ,327. Very interesting. Thanks again.

about $150 bucks when I researched it about 2 years ago. It should be a pretty simple rechamber job. The Marlington Customer service folks are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Heck she probably just said yes to get you to hang up the phone.

Last edited:

FredT

SE Ohio
All of the talk on the Marlin Owners website all say that the factory chamber pressure of the .327 is too high for the design of the Marlin 1894. Look at its operating pressure and then look at what comes the closest to it in a factory 1894 chambering.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Fred the case head on the Federal is much smaller then say a .44 mag. Haven't done the math but a doubt the force directed back on the bolt wouldn't be much different.