Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Archer (Tom)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't seen one of these coming off of a C-17 yet have you?????

553689_10151337563834369_118204050_n.jpg

i saw this on your FB. I think mounting a Hellfire to the Herc is a pretty cool idea. Why not the Russians mount missiles to their II-76 (c-17 sized cargo plane) all the time.

The Air Force have played around with using the c-17 as a launch platform for Nuke capable missiles and Rockets bound for space. Its kind of like dropping a MOAB. Instead of the payload free falling to the ground the missile lights engines and heads to the stratosphere.

I want to cross train to missile maintenance because most of the active duty c-17 bases pretty much suck location wise. If i was missiles id be in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah etc. That or go SERE instructor.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
no but we have played around with using the c-17 as a launch platform for Nuke capable missiles and Rockets bound for space. Its kind of like dropping a MOAB. Instead of the payload free falling to the ground the missile lights engines and heads to the stratosphere.

I want to cross train to missile maintenance because most of the active duty c-17 bases pretty much suck location wise. If i was missiles id be in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah etc. That or go SERE instructor.

Yeah, don't blame you there.... Just if you go SERE, make sure if anything happens that you have a backup too go back too.... SERE washout is high and a lot if not most are discharged.... At least from what I'm seeing and have heard.....