Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wish I was in the woods...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Since misery loves company, I figured those of us who can't hunt these beautiful mornings could use this thread to vent their frustrations.

I watched a nice 8 point run a doe around the field behind my house in that nice frosty backdrop and just shook my head.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Been working 10-12 hours a day this week, almost hit a nice 10 point last night with 9inch tines, spread just to his ears on the way home from work.

Tomorrow morning will probably be my last hunt until early next week, that is if work slows down a little. Can't bitch too much about having lots of work to do, but damn it sure sucks during the rut!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'll join in on this one today, as I'd love to be out there this morning. My seven day break begins at 2:30 this afternoon though! I'll check in on you fellas in the morning from the comfort of my Millennium treestand!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
dude, dont feel bad. I went back to work monday and I havebeen day dreaming like crazy. Its painful to try to get any work done. My heart just isn't in it right now.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm sitting on my computer here at work. All my mind thinks is woods and deer hunting strategies. I have a problem.

I have the same problem.

dude, dont feel bad. I went back to work monday and I havebeen day dreaming like crazy. Its painful to try to get any work done. My heart just isn't in it right now.

Again, exactly the same boat with ya. It is painful, isn't it?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm sitting on my computer here at work. All my mind thinks is woods and deer hunting strategies. I have a problem.

Same here... in about 10 minutes I will have a group of rowdy 8th graders coming into my room.
I have to try and educate them. I am also trying to study for a mid term I have to take tonight. My focus is on deer and strategy. It is not on my job or classes!

I know us teachers take shit for having summers off, but I'd gladly exchange June for November!

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
This has been the longest 3 days in history... Tuesday was my first day back from vacation and I am stuck, wanted to take Friday off to hunt all day but my boss and other coworker are out so I am fugged. On a good note, been shooting with my 9 yr old and he is ready to go. I woke him up this morning for school and he said is it Saturday yet... his clothes are already laid out and he was talking about smoking up the blind and his scent free shower the night before...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
This has been the longest 3 days in history... Tuesday was my first day back from vacation and I am stuck, wanted to take Friday off to hunt all day but my boss and other coworker are out so I am fugged. On a good note, been shooting with my 9 yr old and he is ready to go. I woke him up this morning for school and he said is it Saturday yet... his clothes are already laid out and he was talking about smoking up the blind and his scent free shower the night before...

THAT is good stuff :smiley_clap:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Reporting in from behind my desk...after a full week of hunting hard with some serious awesome encounters...back to reality. Time to go get some people in here to get their eyeballs fixed.

51 more weeks and you get to do it again. Gotta make the donuts so's you can spend the dough.....

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, Kate just called me all jacked up. Apparently, she watched a "huge" ten point in the back yard at 10:40 for 5 minutes. She said he was standing with his mouth hanging wide open, nose to the ground sniffing as if he lost a doe. She said his neck was all swollen and his body was huge. She counted 4 points on the right plus a brow, but couldn't tell what his other side had for sure, but she assumed it was a ten. Anyway, after he sniffed around, she said he took off across the road heading for the stand I planned to hunt this evening.

Not sure what deer it was, but Kate knows a good deer when she sees one. To leave me two voicemails and text three times in 10 minutes tells me she saw a pretty good one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well, Kate just called me all jacked up. Apparently, she watched a "huge" ten point in the back yard at 10:40 for 5 minutes. She said he was standing with his mouth hanging wide open, nose to the ground sniffing as if he lost a doe. She said his neck was all swollen and his body was huge. She counted 4 points on the right plus a brow, but couldn't tell what his other side had for sure, but she assumed it was a ten. Anyway, after he sniffed around, she said he took off across the road heading for the stand I planned to hunt this evening.

Not sure what deer it was, but Kate knows a good deer when she sees one. To leave me two voicemails and text three times in 10 minutes tells me she saw a pretty good one.

Ha! Sounds like she was fired up! That's a good sign, man.

---

Working right now is absolutely killing me. I went in after work yesterday and put up a new set about 60 yds south of my creek crossing set. I've been seeing a ton of movement through this new spot, and now I plan to capitalize. The problem is hunting it in the afternoon increases my odds of bumping bedded deer, since it's right in their wheelhouse. So now I have to wait until the weekend.... :(

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

That's got to get you all fired up!!!!! It prolly slows the clock down till you get off work though!lol

Love to hear about the wives getting fired up!!! Good luck tonight Flutie!