Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Accurate weather forecasts

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Seems like I have been here before.

I have been playing this game for years. Not as long for deer hunting as I have for snow weather forecasts, but as long as the internet weather has been around I have been on it. Weather.com used to be pretty dang accurate and up to date. Since NBC bought it they suck. I am tired of weather shows and Al Roker. That is not why I watch the weather channel. BS. I have tried intellicast, accuweather, NOAA, and several others.

Right now weather channel is telling me SSE 6mph all night until around sunrise when it becomes S 5mph.

Accuweather is calling for ENE tonight and E until around 10am.

NOAA doesn't really give hourly wind forecasts. They only give the current wind.

Frustrating to say the least. Anyone have some suggestions on an accurate weather website or cell phone app?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Is there such a thing as an accurate weather forecast? LOL I look at the temps, and the general wind direction for the day, but I don't make a decision on where to hunt until I am at the property I am hunting. The wind swirls and changes directions down here so much, it is nearly impossible to hunt the wind effectively. I look at weather.com and accuweather every day, and the majority of the time, the wind directions never match.