Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Know Something Too

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I know that TOO. Fuggin sucks around here for deer sightings right now. Not sure if it was do to all the extra people that decided to show up last weekend or what. Figure they was tromping all over the woods looking for a place to setup for gun season. Hate to tell them, the landowners daughter will be out checking slips and kickin people out.

whack

Oh no that wasn't my issue the deer movement has been great. I fugged up on the deer making these ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352906195.763925.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Guess that would be a bigger kick in the nuts then my issue for sure. Looks like a good buck to make those big ol rubs. Hope he comes back for round #2 so you can slay the hog.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this man! Keep your chin up! It's really kicking right now and a doe can lead him right back to ya!

whack

It was yesterday he came to a grunt call from 200 yards out. I climbed up in the tree at 1130 after leaving my morning spot. Happened at 2. I got here at 10 today and had a 115 8 come by and a doe and a spike I think I found a good mid day spot

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
At least your seeing some deer moving man. If your in a spot where they feel comfy moving during daylight then he might just make his rounds again and give you a 2nd chance. Good luck out there and hope you stick a good one.

whack

Thanks for the encouragement this is by far the best rut activity I have experienced in 9 years hunting Ohio. I have been enjoying it. But yesterday afternoon sucked lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for the encouragement this is by far the best rut activity I have experienced in 9 years hunting Ohio. I have been enjoying it. But yesterday afternoon sucked lol

I bet it did. Not everyday you get a 150 class deer in front of you but today is a different day and you could have a bigger one and with lessons learned from yesterday can put that joker on the ground. Keep at it man.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hey, don't let it get you down. These guys are right! The buck that I had in last week was a beast. He never presented me a shot, but I do believe things happen for a reason. I was blessed to shoot my target deer the next week. You might just get a shot at him or one even bigger! It can happen, Iam living proof. Good luck.

whack

Care too relay what happened? We all learn from each others mistakes ......

I changed anchor points earlier this year and my old anchor point makes me hit high. Apparently in the moment I anchored the old way I had done for 12 years since I started shooting a release and just hit high. Gave him a nice haircut across the top of his back. Just screwed up plain and simple.