Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Full day of emotions

Yesterday I finally got a chance to sit most of the day...as I sat there right before shooting light was running out I thought about all the emotions I had gone through that day...first I was excited an anxious about what the day might hold..next after I heard some movement I started to get a little nervous only to find out it was one of the 7 different squirrels that would be around me at the same time..next after sitting there for six hours and not seeing a single deer I was disappointed...Then I focused on the reason I had to get down.i was on my way to see my newest little one through a 3d ultrasound so I was estatic..after grabbing a bite to eat with my wife I headed back out to a different stand location..after sitting there for another 3 hours and only seeing the same kind of squirrel show I watched earlier in the day I was very discouraged..had I just wasted a whole day off that I could of spent with my family?..since those are so far and few in between that is kind of a big deal to me..then as the sun had already set and I was just about to get down two does came sprinting into my stand at about 20 yards..finally some action..after watching the does for a minute I could tell something had chased them in..a few minutes later two more does started making laps back and forth by my stand at about 75 yards..then he came into sight..since it was pretty much dark all I could see was bodies at this point so I couldn't tell how nice he actually was...needless to say all the emotions I felt throughout the day just all came together and made my day great after watching the midnight matinee..a anyone else having any trouble seeing deer movement?

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Sounds like a great day! Funny how that one glimmer of hope at last light so drastically reignites the fire for the next hunt! Kind of like my golf game...one good shot every time on 17 or 18 makes me want to go back out so badly.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Been there and done it man! Many times! Look at it like this, you have your health,your blessed with a wonderful family,it's the rut and today is another day. It's easy to get down but it only takes a few seconds of being in the right place at the right time to get your blood flowing again and renewed hope. Hang in there and stay focused! Goodluck

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Up
down
Excited
Letdown
Tired
Adrenaline
Irritated
Thankful
Sounds like you had it all man! Nothin better - thanks for sharing :smiley_coolpeace:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good stuff Peach. No doubt being a bowhunter comes with a roller coaster ride of emotions. When it's good, it's good. And when it's bad, we hate life! I imagine the little one(s) help a man maintain a different perspective on things while he's perched 20' up a tree.

Good luck getting on one and if you ever need help getting one out, holler!

Thanks everyone..sometimes it hards to keep everything in perspective when you only have the chance to get out a few times..Jesse thanks man and if you or Greg ever need any help just let me know you guys know where i live..