Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know something.........

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What might you know Ric? Did Ron bust one?!

Yeah, I actually got a phone call at work at around 4:41pm from Ron. He was whispering in that excited like voice and I'm in this plant with background noise I could hardly hear him! Lol

I'm very proud of him! He had a gut feeling and based on Brock's prediction of the 13th being a great day of hunting he asked for yesterday off. He hung in that stand from 6:30am and wasn't budging till dark or if he shot something. Ron hunts very hard and is very patient. He texted me mid-day saying how cold he was but after hearing another two big set of horns crashing together earlier in the morning he stuck it out!

He heard cows bawling across the road and figured something was on the move.

Fugg it, I should let him tell his story! Lol

He made a pretty good shot considering the steep angle. It was less than 20 yards and he is at least 25 feet high. The buck was quartering away and he sent a 3 blade rage thru his rightside thru one Lung and maybe the liver. I help round up our buddies via my phone and they took up tracking him 3 hours later last night. I got the call around 8 pm saying that they jumped him less than 50-60 yards from where Ron shot him so we know he was hurt bad.

So, this morning, Ron stood out ahead from where they jumped him last night approximately 300 yards away and Stacey and Adam( part of the trackers last night ) took up his trail. They called Ron this morning very shortly after starting and told him that they found his deer. Unfortunately the yotes found him TOO but didn't do too much damage.

There you have it! I'll let Ron add more and I'll post some pics as I get them.

Congrats Bro! You earned another one!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That is awesome Ric! I can't wait to see the pics and hear the story! Man, talk about getting a fella pumped up to hunt again!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Having a bit of trouble with PB right now! Fugg!!!!

I'll get some pics on here as soon as some shit breaks loose!lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's a tc cam pic of the buck he killed

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here is the AHL pic I was sent this morning. Unfortunately the yotes did a little bit of damage around the entry hole but not TOO much at all.

The mass is great especially around the bases! He apparently has been doing alot of rubbing.lol

WTH is up with photobucket this morning! I'll post many more pics later but I gotta go do some errands right now.

Team 4 will get a bump in points with this one.