Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Warren county...it's on!

dangerousoldman

In the stand by 7 am this morning back in the truck at 600 this evening.....saw total of 11 different bucks and 9 does.....4 of the bucks were shooters but neither me or my partner had a good enough opp to drop a string. I had the "Boss" (see thread from end of oct) at 41 yards in small opening for about 3 seconds but then he stepped behind some honeysuckle and moved down the fence row...watched him come out of the honeysuckle at about 60 yards and then cut into the woods I was in. I watched his rack over the brush as he went on down the hill and disappeared. Great buck to see in person.....relocated stand about 30 yards closer to the trail he came into the woods on. Am about 25 to 30 yrds away now...low impact move climber from one tree to another. Hoping he comes down fencerow tomorrow too....great day out in the woods today.....what a blessing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I agree with you 100%..... I've spent a few all day sits this season and have had pretty good movement on most of them.... I have a feeling tomorrow will bring you good luck with the stand move..... shoot straight....

dangerousoldman

wow, had "the boss" around me today for at least 5 minutes. I could have taken a shot at about 38 yards, but it would have been a neck shot and he is way way too cool of a Buck to even consider taking a shot like that. Darn man, he is one fine deer. LOL the size of his antlers makes his body look small. He was about to come into the woods where i moved the stand to but then he stopped and acted a little cautious. 10 more steps and I would have had him broadside within 25 yards. he finally turned and went slowly on down the fence line. I know he didnt smell me but I think maybe he saw the outline in the tree and wasnt comfortable with it. I think I went a bit too high and may have skylined myself. Fri I am gonna go again only not go so high. That will keep me from sticking out and after a day off from hunting there mayhaps he will be back through. Man he is a monster to behold. I had the shakes for 10 minutes after he walked away.....i WAS THANKFUL JUST FOR THE EXPERIENCE