Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

She meant well

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My wife believes in the ghost stuff, you know all those show that they have chasing something they think they hear or see.... I'm not getting into this debate whether they're real or not, but she believes and has all kinds of stories about her encounters.... She goes too some of those folks that tell your fortune every once in a while with my daughter and one of our friend’s wife, he's in the same boat as me we try and participate but neither believes in it... Well she came home over the spring/summer time from some big show that they had up in Trumbull county and had this stuff she called sage that was supposed too be burned and it would smoke a lot when you put out the small flame it made and she'd walk around the house with it smoking (I like the idea of smoke don't get me wrong lol) anyways fast forward too Sunday, she said she was going too burn the sage and smoke up the rooms of the house.... Yeah no problem, can you get the closet in the bathroom as well???? A little sarcastic on my part but she didn't take it as that lol....

Monday I go out too the stand and I thought I smelled something in my truck like sage.... And I'm thinking she smoked my truck too ward off evil spirits..... NOPE..... She smoked my crossbow too bring me luck..... So what I actually smelled was my crossbow sitting in the back seat of my truck.....

Fast forward too this morning @ O dark thirty..... I'm adding my own form of smoke too my crossbow.....

I love my wife...... :smiley_clap:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't care what it smells like. It obviously brought you some luck. We could all use some luck when hunting. haha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My wife believes in the ghost stuff, you know all those show that they have chasing something they think they hear or see.... I'm not getting into this debate whether they're real or not, but she believes and has all kinds of stories about her encounters.... She goes too some of those folks that tell your fortune every once in a while with my daughter and one of our friend’s wife, he's in the same boat as me we try and participate but neither believes in it... Well she came home over the spring/summer time from some big show that they had up in Trumbull county and had this stuff she called sage that was supposed too be burned and it would smoke a lot when you put out the small flame it made and she'd walk around the house with it smoking (I like the idea of smoke don't get me wrong lol) anyways fast forward too Sunday, she said she was going too burn the sage and smoke up the rooms of the house.... Yeah no problem, can you get the closet in the bathroom as well???? A little sarcastic on my part but she didn't take it as that lol....

Monday I go out too the stand and I thought I smelled something in my truck like sage.... And I'm thinking she smoked my truck too ward off evil spirits..... NOPE..... She smoked my crossbow too bring me luck..... So what I actually smelled was my crossbow sitting in the back seat of my truck.....

Fast forward too this morning @ O dark thirty..... I'm adding my own form of smoke too my crossbow.....

I love my wife...... :smiley_clap:

That pretty cool stuff J! Glad it worked out the way it did for ya.