Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Suggestions?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a crossbow. I've been thinking about getting an excalibur. My buddy Mullskinner has one and absolutely loves it. Anyone ever used one? How do they compare with others in relation to speed and noise?

epe

Lancaster
Great bows.. Me and dad both shoot em.. Mine is an older model and shoots around 315-320 fps.. Outshot both the ten points me and dad had.. Same hole accurate at 30 yards....If you are ever near c-bus or Marietta let me know you can try one of ours..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352773374451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352773374451.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 172

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey, thanks for the offer! Are they loud relative to other crossbows? How far are you comfortable shooting deer with it? What model do you have, draw weight? My wife found one as a package deal for around 500 and had it in their shopping cart about to order the other day when I happened to walk by and catch her...just not sure I want to roll that way and if I do I'm not sure I want that one. I can't even recall what it was now...Axiom maybe?

epe

Lancaster
They are fairly loud , but they are going so fast we have never had problems jumping the strings... I would shoot a deer out to 30-35 yards, but that is just me... Now if it was a yote, I would have no problems cracking his ass at 50 yards.. The varizone scopes they make are one of the best out. We shoot em at 50 yards and can keep tight groups. Ours is 200 pound pull, but we use the string cocker, which makes it 100lb. When you use the cocker, it keeps the string pull straight, every time, thus more accurate....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Brock how'd old muleskinner doing? Tell the old man I said hey.... haven't heard boo out of the old man in a couple of years....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last I heard, he had four bucks working a scrape in front of him...but that was Saturday. :) I'll tell him you said hey.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Dan Miller in Sardis will make you a string for them to get the most you can for speed. He also sells them. If I were buying it would definitely be an Excalibur.

epe

Lancaster
Dan Miller in Sardis will make you a string for them to get the most you can for speed. He also sells them. If I were buying it would definitely be an Excalibur.

Speed strings.. That is what we have on them. They quit selling them from the factory because people couldn't figure out how to re twist them when they stretch out...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I looked at and handled them at the Expo 2 yrs ago.
I really liked the feel - I really like that you can change strings without a bow press.
They're just really, really wide. REALLY wide.

But someday soon I'm gonna be looking to upgrade, and when I make a decision you can bet that Excalibur will be in the mix for consideration.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the thoughts on them guys. I am just not ready to make the switch yet, but I may be by next week. :)