Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I really shouldn't share this ....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saturday morning, I had a lousy shot on a nice buck using my crossbow inside my blind. I only nicked a patch of white hair. Well, Sunday, another buck came thru at pretty much the same time as before, & changed his course to walk right by me. ... broadside. .... 5 yards. Anyway, I used a different & lighter broadhead. I wasn't going to shoot him, but when he changed his direction, it got the best of me. When I shot, the bolt went high & only grazed the top of his back.... not even any hair was cut this time. What I couldn't figure out ... after the buck just walked off, was why the bolt was only a few feet away. The mechanical blades were very clean & not really opened. I had a couple cams pointed in that direction, one mms & the other for video. Pay attention to the end of the video .... Incoming !!

I had no idea that it shot straight up. I did go out with my compound this morning, which I will continue to do ... if I'm still allowed in the after that preformance...lol

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Wow!

So.... if I'm seeing this correctly... that bolt hits a limb, goes straight up, then hits another limb and goes back down to the ground?

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Unlucky man but there is still time. Good luck!

Go out and smash some ten rings to get your confidence back up then get out there and get em....