Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good Day Afield

whack

Sat in Meigs co today. On a travel route leaving bean fields. Stands sits on some big hay type fields no real food source just wooded fingers for travel cover. Only had 2 hours as had to help the wife with my 4 yr olds bday party. So anyway started with having a small 8 come through at 40 yards nose down cruising. Then saw a doe on another hillside. Then daddy stepped out 140 class 8 point. 90 yards away. Grunts and wheeze did nothing he slipped off to another wood lot. Couple minutes later a four point came and walked down the road. I then look below me about 15 minutes after seeing the forky and I see a deer walking about 500 yards away so I get out binos and can see a rack so I hit the grunt tube very aggressively for fun he stops makes a 90* left and starts coming up the hill. So I reach behind me to put the binos in my pack and see a spike running in. Dang thing nearly hits the tree I'm in and I'm not positive but he may have scraped the base of the ladder stand lol we was close. So I look up and standing in the field 50 yards away is a doe, well the chase was on the spike ran her around for a lil while and they dissapeared into the woods. All the while the buck keeps coming up the hill. He has closed the gap and is 45 yards away. Just a small 6 but was cool to see him respond to the call. Great 2.5 hour sit and didn't want to climb down. They are up and moving in our neck of the woods though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There are a bunch of guys having some amazing experiences in the woods here lately. Glad to hear you were one of them.