Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking too upgrade my phone

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got a Droid that I'm tired of locking up and battery not lasting more then a couple of hours on stand.... the only way too make it last any is too put it in airplane mode and then take it off when I want too check messages or look in on too... looking @ either the 4G or 4S.... 4G is free and 4S is 100.00 so is the 4S worth the 100.00 extra? Its Verizon by the way....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i like my phone but i just lost my screen for some reason. mfg taking care of it too...i didnt feel like being steve jobs's bitch and getting an iphone

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've been looking hard at the Driod Razr Maxx HD, it has excellent battery life. Heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy III also.

I got the SIII. I thought going from my droid 3 with a keyboard would be big change but after a day you dont even notice and i have poor finger dexteraty. my friend has the razr max and there is not much difference proformance wise between the SIII and the max

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i have the s3..its a real good phone besides the problem i am having. my new one should be here any day. my brother has the razr max and its battery life is silly. its way better then mine. its motorola though...and your stuck with their platform per se.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Why's that Charles?

I prefer a "real" keyboard when typing because I am a lot faster with it. When I type up an email or Work document on my phone it is SO much faster/easier than relying on the predictive typing. My wife is a texter from way back and I am much faster than her using my board and her using a touch screen on the Iphone. Plus, mine has a lot less mistakes. Sure I could make a complete touch screen work but why when I don't need too?

Also if my screen becomes tough to use because of moisture of temperature changes I can open the phone and still operate it with the actual keyboard because it is not effected by this sort of thing.

Phone rings, can't answer with gloves on, hands are too sweaty to swipe the bar, and it has been in your pocket while working hard and won't even react to a dry hand. Or I slide open the phone and answer... lol