Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got a new stand up today.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
I hate putting hang on stands up so late in the year but I needed another option incase I can't hunt my best property.Which I most likely won't set foot on until LATE in the season, two other guys have been hunting it and haven't tagged out yet. The stand I hung today I got a good feeling about but never had much luck in this woods, talked to the owner/farmer and he said they saw a huge buck in there yesterday taking corn off, and I used a ranger atv and saw some good scrapes and signs along the edge tonight. With that I have 4 stands every .5 - 1 sq mile. I hope that puts me in position to take a shot this year. plus I have my climber that I can move about with.

Got a question for you guys,..... I am itching to get out but don't want to mess this new stand up, I got the feeling this will be a delicate situation with this set up. So how long do you guys wait to hunt a new stand that is put up during the season?

I hung a SpyPoint up near the close to the scrape, which was freshened up in the last 24 hrs! Excited to see what shows up on that, but know better than to go back an check it too soon.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I agree. The sooner the better. Some folks believe you need to let a stand cool off before hunting it. I don't. In order for a deer to know it is there, he has to come by and discover it. You might as well be in it when he comes by the first time and kill him dead.
Good luck!