Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fitting for my year....

Kaiser878

ohio
The deer I have been hunting most of the year has.been gone for the last two weeks.... well he showed back up Thursday morning cruising a trail.

So tonight I came back to my spot to see if I could get a glimpse. Well I checked my cam and to my dissapointment he has.broken off several inches of antler....just my luck.

Before:
uploadfromtaptalk1352573533470.jpg

Now:
uploadfromtaptalk1352573563835.jpg

I honestly don't know if I will even shoot him....I've always been against shooting broken up bucks....especially when its a substantial portion of their antlers.....I don't know what to do....I'm tempted to just go somewhere else

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

I completely understand.

He may not be the bruiser your dude is, but he is the best deer on this property. maybe next year.
I'd like to know which of the smaller bucks in the area did this to him.

Gordo

Athens County
Thats a bummer.

I still think something is going to show up for ya. There is a long, long ways to go!

Dont be hitting that panick button. Its not even december!

dangerousoldman

yep, boy i completely understand your position. last year i chased a big 10 all year. nice mass and tall g2's, well he finally cave me the shot and i saw that one of his g2s was completely broken off. I almost took the shot but passed on it and this year I am glad I did. I just couldnt bring myself to take him when I knew how great he looked with the whole rack. I never did regret that decision. This year I have two large similar deer on the cams and I am not sure which one he is but it doesnt matter. Either will probably do. ....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow Zach! That would knock the wind out of your sails!!! He's much more impressive straight on than he is from the side though. Hope something better shows up later man! Like mentioned earlier,Gordo I think, still pretty early. Good luck Zack.