Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Going for a Clean Sweep!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
After getting the 7 year old granddaughter's BB all skinned and squared away, we got out the crossbow for the 6 year old to have her turn at.

Madison did hit the target several times and the kill zone on the decoy, so Rick and her are now in the woods for her first hunt also.

Boy, am I hoping she gets one since those 2 granddaughters seem to always be in constant competition with each other. They're only 18 months apart in age.

I just love that the girls are so interested in hunting!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We got to hear a squirrel, a woodpecker, an owl and lots of cardinals eatin' Pumpkin seeds......Then we got to hear a buck grunt! Papaw Rick was stoked for a bit, but he never came down the tractor path......Dang it man!
Still, first time out, she done real good for 6 yrs old....and she can't wait to do it again~~Tomorrow!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Here's Madison and Papaw Rick getting ready for her first hunt.

hpim1995M.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is just awesome. Wish her good luck next time. And hearing a deer grunt at 6 yrs old. I have only hear one deer grunt while deer hunting since 1968. Put I really haven't hunted the rut much either.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
My Grandaughter Madison (Maddie) shot pretty good for six years old. Parker Tornado Crossbow mounted on a camera tripod.........And aiming on her own. All I do is take the safety off when she nods her head that she is ready.

hpim1982M.jpg

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Had Son in Law in a tree this evening. He couldn't even get there as a big 8 had a doe locked down in front of the stand. He went in the back and they hung around for awhile. They went into a thicket nearby and disappeared. Just before dark, a huge buck came in cruising. He had to turn around to shoot and his top limb hit a limb on release. Missed it by inches! He went home a little bummed this evening. He kept sayin' "Not sure how big, but he was fuggin' HUGE!"

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am guessing the same stand he was in the night he and I both hunted Rick? Your Lazy-Boy stand?