Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Granddaughter

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I am so excited, I am giddy!

Rick and Taylor, my 7 year old grand daughter are in the woods for her very first hunt!!!! :smiley_clap:

This is the granddaughter that was fearful of shooting the crossbow and we had to go with a toy one for awhile, to help her get over her fear.

I pulled them out of school early so they could target shoot and she not only shot the bow well, but also hit the kill zone on the decoy, so off they went!

This is Christmas, birthday and every good day I've ever had, all rolled into one! :pickle:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We had about everything go wrong that could (as usual). People on the next property setting muskrat traps in the pond...then 2 4-wheelers were racing around the property. Then they were making much noise up at the abandoned petting zoo..........about to give up but didn't..."Just 5 more minutes!" I kept thinking. They all finally left and it settled down...... 20 minutes later a big ol doe stepped out and started eating corn. My Grandaughter has never been that close to a deer (13 yds) and I thought she was gonna come clear out of the chair. She aimed for a minute and then shook her head to say OK......I flipped off the safety and she aimed some more. The bow quit moving and it went off. Twack!...doe ran off and we called Gramma. Found the arrow and it is covered in green slime.........walked towards where she went and believe I seen her about 50 yds into the woods just standing there.....We pulled out immediately and patiently waiting............

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Absolutely Wonderful! We found Tay's B-Buck right where he stood when we left last night. Backing out was the best thing we could have done. Shot wasn't that good~~But fatal and that is what counts. I am very proud of that little girl and she is pretty proud TOO!

hpim1976T.jpg