Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I need some friendly advice....

buckstar25

T-county
My week of vacation just got a whole lot more interesting. I'm trying to keep a level head and would really like to hear some input from open minds. Here is the situation.

Some neighbors from out of state have decided to put a set of hang ons 5 feet off of our property line. The best part is, this set is in a corn field edge, both stands are positioned to watch my creek bottoms, essentially, they are hunting my property without actually being on it. It is so close I could almost touch the tree their set is in.

Problem number 2, the guy owns 80 some acres directly behind where this set is hung. And to my knowledge is pretty adimate on keeping it no hunting.

We have a plan, just would like to hear some opinions on this. When asked if they were theirs they denied hanging them.

One of my buddies had a hard time seeing why I was pissed until I explained it a little better, but still says nothin ou can do about it. How would you react and what action would you take?

buckstar25

T-county
I gotta tell ya, my buddy came down and told me what he saw and I couldn't believe they did it.

Trying to not to let it get to me, initially I was gonna shoot an arrow in between the 2 stands but that ain't cool, we have all kinds of options since I will know when they are there. I really would like to hear their reasoning.....

RUT NUT

I'd post about 50 "NO HUNTING" signs on YOUR side of the fence. As far left and as far right as they can see. If they don't get the hint after that....you'll have to think of something else. People always seem to amaze me! And I don't mean that in a good way! Sorry to hear this man.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I own a backhoe. I would not be afraid to use it. Some ideas that jump up:

Stack up some trees to divert their travel like Dante said. I like that one.

How about cutting some small trees and standing them up against others which might block any shooting lanes to the neighboring stands? Is this an option?

Stocking up on some extra "No trespassing" signs would be a nice touch. I like that one too.

I also like the climber idea or ground blind idea as well.

Here is one nobody has suggested yet though. Climb up and hang a camera about 20-30' away from their stands facing them. If they shoot over the line you have them on camera.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Or you could just ask them wtf gives with the stands facing your property????? The one farm that I have permission on the neighbors and the owner have an agreement.... Stands on the property line is fine just don't shoot deer across the line and all is good.... You can track a hit deer on too the property but observe the lines and no issues will be had.....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hmm. If they are on their side not much you can do without building something to limit there ability too hunt. I went and sat from noon until dark Tuesday and counted 7 stands all across from my stand sites/prepped areas. They are new this week. No wonder my sightings have went WAY down.

All the stand have 20ft sticks and the stands are all at like ten feet. At least they didn't steal mine.

buckstar25

T-county
Great suggestions, they hung the same set last year an we went through the same thing. They took them down a couple days later. I could care less who hunts where, in my eyes they could have came over and said something about hanging them and maybe we could have hashed it out peacefully.

Hicks, you think the same as we do. There will be a cam hung eye level with a few choice words on a piece if paper above it.

The fucked up thing, and what I think pisses me off more than anything is that his 80 acres are directly behind him but yet he feels the need to set up where he did!

epe

Lancaster
I am not the one to ask advice about dealing with neighbors...lol... If the deer don't cross right there, go hang tarps at the property line, blocking their shooting lanes, vision onto your property... Depends on how much you want mess with em..

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Drive back there at Prime hunting time on a 4 wheeler and ask them if their doing any good? Should only take a few trips to deter the invasion.

buckstar25

T-county
So far they haven't showed up, probably hang cam tonight, huntin is too good right now to worry about it.

I have got some ideas to get us off and running. If my buddy gets out before me ill see if he will go get some pics. It will give you a better idea of how messed up the situation is. Sorry for dropping the F bomb earlier but it gets worse every year. My buddy said it best, he said he enjoyed hunting more when nobody did it! Haha!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352385958.974752.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352385958.974752.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 97

buckstar25

T-county
They pulled stands today, he couldn't understand where the issue was, because he was not on our property.....

I just politely told him my side and how I felt about it and we talked for a few minutes and he left.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you knew when they were in the stands I would've walked down there. if they tried to get your attention just look around but don't look up. Then after a moment drop your pants and take a big dump. Duck walk away from it pants still down. Then look up and see them. In a really really loud retard voice yell back at them " you guys got any paper I forgot my paper. Little help here guys I need to wipe"

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you knew when they were in the stands I would've walked down there. if they tried to get your attention just look around but don't look up. Then after a moment drop your pants and take a big dump. Duck walk away from it pants still down. Then look up and see them. In a really really loud retard voice yell back at them " you guys got any paper I forgot my paper. Little help here guys I need to wipe"

lmao

:smiley_clap:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark

Hilarious! lmao