Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best night x2

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Didnt want to steal Zach's thread but tonight was def the best night ive had in a LONG time and I never drew my bow back either!

This morning was slow, only one doe.... then at 9am 3 song dogs came thru, Ive got one that is HUGE and all white, Ive never laid eyes on him until now and he hung up in a bean field at 50 yards. Unfortuantely I didnt have a shot, the two others came into 35 yards but never gave me a clear shot either. Got down around 11 and grabbed a quick sandwich, went home and showered again and thought I better check my card where I was originally going to sit.

Got to the camera, literally drove my truck to it.... small .5 acre woodlot. Take two steps out of the truck into the woods and crash..... straight out the other side go 4 deer! SHIT!!!! So i run out to see what they were and see a doe high tailing it and then out came a 4pt, 8pt, and 145-150 class 9pt! Fuck my life.... my season cant go right this year. They run straight to my other stand and head for the creek bottom.

Check the card and they came into the woods at 8am and stayed all day. Tons of pics of them, ill post some later.

Wait 40 mins to let things cool down, get dressed and head for the creek bottom stand bc the wind is perfect. About 2:30 I hear a loud splash and my heart goes thru the roof! It two muskrats that jumped off the bank into the water and they are fighting like all get out..... the larger of the two grabs the smaller one and swims right under my stand and literally holds it under water until it dies! Freaking crazy!

About 5 i hear a grunt and immediatly pray to god its the bucks from earlier back on their feet. Nope just a button buck running the shit out of a fawn and mature doe. He runs her all around my stand for 10 mins. She jumps back in the creek and pisses, then runs 10 yards and lays down in the water. He jumps in the creek smells where she pissed and proceeds to drink the water and then starts nudging again. Im dumb founded at this point.

At last light I hear a twig break and something step into the water. It was a beautiful red fox! Ive had video of him in there the past few years but never saw him. Def a night to remember... made taking leave from work worth it! So im doing the same thing tomorrow lol

Ill post some pics after dinner. Theres 2 new guys, and they are dandies. The one is SWOLLEN up and is a tank. Prob a mid/high 30's 8pt with a unicorn point off his right base.

Kaiser878

ohio
Zach and Zack.....ha Good times

These are the nights we lose sleep for!!! Glad you had a great night too

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That sounds like a pretty awesome day of hunting man! I enjoy hunting over a good creek. A couple years ago, I filmed a mink playing in the creek/beaver pond catching crawdads and horsing around. Good stuff!