Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The rut!!

primetime

Hi everyone i am new to this forum just found it. I have been hunting ohio for 5 years i always go up on the 2nd week of November.I have been reading on here and everyone say the bucks are chasing hard i hope i didn't pick the wrong week i am heading up the 10th through the 17th do you guys think i will miss the best time i hunt down around Pomeroy Ohio. Thanks any info will be appreciated.Good hunting everyone.

primetime

Down around Hinton WV i didn't do very good last year th deer wasn't moving the moon was killing me with the high temps.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Welcome Primetime. Seems the Bigger Bucks are getting on their feet a little better as we speak. Hope you stick around... There is some real good fellas around here and their always willing to help. Welcome TOO TOO!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hello and Welcome to TOO. Hope it all works out for you, things just now seem to be starting in my neck of the woods but I don't think I am around you.

Best of Luck.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Welcome to TOO! Here in NW Ohio it seems to just be picking up a little bit. I think some of the bigger bucks got ahold of the early does and maybe locking down, but I really feel like the rest of the does will be coming into heat in the next few days and that should bring the rest of the bucks, along with the early bucks that have been locked down back on their feet and make for a heckuva rut! At least that's what I'm hoping anyway! :smiley_coolpeace:

Gordo

Athens County
Welcome!

I hunt a property near tuppersplain which isn't to far from where you'll be.

I think we still have a good amount of time left to catch the big boys on there feet.

Hunt hard and you'll be fine

primetime

Thank you for your replies i will keep you posted.It's nice to have a place to talk to fellow deer hunters.I hope we all see some nice bucks and some rutting action!!! For me sitting in a tree looking at GODS WONDERS makes me happy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO! Good luck on your hunt, I think you picked a great time to come up and hunt, as anytime in November is a good time to hunt.lol