Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best night of deer hunting

Kaiser878

ohio
Tonight was by far the best night of deer hunting I have ever had, and i never drew my bow back....

I had a relatively slow evening until about 400 pm. I heard something behind me and looked back to see a doe being dogged by a good buck...The buck ended up being about a 130, 3.5 y/o ten... He ran her for a good 15 minutes around my stand...Then all the sudden bucks started filing in...I caught a glimpse of another good buck...He started in on the running then...The bigger ten was having nothing of it...They squared off like two bulls.....pawing the ground and posturing.... After about 5 minutes of uneventful "bluff" calling.....They tore into one another....THe ten won the fight....

The ten ended up coming with the doe to about 15 yards of me....and they both walked by....then the 120s 8 that had lost the fight came back for more.... They squared off again and the ten postured right over the hill.....Which was weird.....Then the 8 took the doe and bred her about 40 yards from me....

Absolutely unbelievable.... This is the stuff I live for!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
dude that is FUCKING AWESOME!

I heard a buck take a doe once, I can still hear him roar as all the other deer took off except him and the doe, a little bit later I saw the doe scoot out, and never saw the big buck!

Thanks for sharing!

primetime

Man everyone is posting that the bucks are going wild! Iam coming up next saturday to hunt for a week i hope the action isn't over when i get there what do you guys think?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Man Kaiser......That is TOO Cool! Definately gonna be one to remember. Sounds just as exciting as bringin' one home. Congrat's on the encounter.

Kaiser878

ohio
Dang Zach, that's some awesome moments you had, all in one sit TOO! Ron had a great day as well.

I was sitting there the whole time just waiting for a big one to show up.....To be honest, I can honestly say Im really not to disappointed that one didnt show up.... I have already accepted it that I will probably not kill a buck this year.....So if I am not going to kill one, I wanna experience things I have never seen happen all in the same night.... To see two deer of that size duke it out, it left me mostly speechless....

Ricer2231

Awesome story! I also didn't see too much until 4:00 this evening and then the woods got REALLY busy. Within that last hour of daylight I saw 5 does, a twosome, a twosome, and a single which I think might have been a button buck. I also saw two dink bucks and the best of all I watched a doe mill around the hill toward my stand. I kept an eye on her all the way from about 200 yards out to about 80 yards waiting and hoping to see something trailing her. I kept thinking I would catch a glimpse of something behind her every now and them but I thought I was just trying to convince myself. But sure enough when she got to about the 100 yard mark there he was. I know this buck was every bit of 150"s. he was just slowly trailing her and not pushing her at all. But as luck would have it she decided the path out of range of my stand looked better than the one leading past my stand. But there was no harm and no foul so I sincerely think I will be seeing more of that fella. At least I hope so, he is a definite sticker! Sorry if I hijacked your thread but I just had to tell someone.

Last edited: