Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

If you had to pick 2 days...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm on the fence here and need some help based on your observations...
I have 2 personal days to use. Do I use them Thursday and Friday or do I use them Friday and Monday?

Those are my options. Based on rut observations, what do you guys think? My buddy keeps texting me and says he's watching a big boy dogging a doe up on the hill above where he works at the power plant.

I can't focus at work. Thursday and Friday are good weather wise. Waiting til Monday could be a gamble for the weather, but that was supposed to be one of the magical days according to rut forecasters.

What do you guys think?

epe

Lancaster
If you asked me yesterday morning I would have said Monday..But I saw chasing last night and have seen 5 bucks, with almost all on a mission, one 2.5 8 pt dogging a doe...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There is a lot of factors that are involved, but I base it mostly on the weather.

It's a tad windy on Thursday here (10mph out of NW). However, it's still cool.
The weekend is supposed to warm up and Monday is no different. Plus, a chance of rain. Decisions...decisions...

dangerousoldman

not seeing what I want to see yet in sw ohio...just small ones cruising and trailing. Im taking mon thru wed.along with sat and sun..years past my anticipation made me take time a week earlier and I generally regretted it. Weather is warming but mornings and evenings will be cool. If you take thurs you will regret it maybe on Mon but if you take mon you will regret it thurs....coin flip...good luck man

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck Mike. I am no help. We are TOO far apart. I can tell you my buddy has seen shooters 2 nights in a row. Within 50yds each night but not quite close enough.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good move Mike! Kill one on Thursday or Friday and you have the weekend to celebrate and hunt with the boys more. Kill on on Monday and you got to hurry things up and head back to work. Ugh

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I decided on Thursday and Friday. I can see it now. As twilight approaches on Thursday after a bad deer showing I'm gonna be jacked. Lol

The odds are slidin' to your side.....You gotta be out there to know if it's a good day or not. Still beat's a good day workin'. Good Luck Mike....I hope it's Thursday Morning before 9 am.