Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2013 Mathews Creed

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Meh...

Split limbs I like but the whole line up was underwhelming specs wise. 12 bows 32" ATA and under with slow speeds that have always been off spec. Quality made bows but just not my cup of tea.

TurkeyFizz

Agreed they are a quality made bow and everytime I buy a new bow I always shoot there latest to give them a chance. Have yet to buy one, always seem to like something else better.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
hmm not sure if I am liking some of the changes, I plan to shoot them this spring and choose either a hoyt or mathews. Might look at higher end PSE too.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
at - check out elite and athens archery as well. When I am over in IN my buddy works for athens archery and talk about a nice bow! I really like my Z7Xtreme but highly doubt i will buy another bow until I destroy this one or someone gives me a new one lol.

Wasted promoting mathews, just thought them going to a split limb was RARE for them.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
at - check out elite and athens archery as well. When I am over in IN my buddy works for athens archery and talk about a nice bow! I really like my Z7Xtreme but highly doubt i will buy another bow until I destroy this one or someone gives me a new one lol.

Wasted promoting mathews, just thought them going to a split limb was RARE for them.

Rutin, thanks for the tips. There are so many good bows out there today it is hard to choose. I have heard GREAT things about bowtech, pse, elite, hoyt, etc!

I currently shoot a hoyt and like it alot. I have shot my buddies mathews z7etreme and LOVE that bow too. I am just not sure what I want to buy haha, so I plan to shoot the hell out of a lot of bows. My local shop mostly carries mathews, and hoyts.

gavennn

I have an Elite Pure, only bow i consider going to over ELite is bowtech invasion.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hate the new risers on the Mathews bows. I would love to see them make an updated version of my Switchback XT. But as much as I love my bow, it will be replaced by a Strothers Infinity this winter. It is surprising to see them build a split bow and I agree with Charles, the specs are below what you should expect from a new bow...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am going to pick up a new bow after my season. I am going to be looking at:

G5 Prime Impact
Hoyt Spyder Turbo
and maybe the new Strothers Wrath

PSE makes bows with specs I like but they are SO ugly to me. They have a great cam system. If not I am fine with sticking with the Alphaburner.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member

G5 Prime Impact
Hoyt Spyder Turbo

PSE makes bows with specs I like but they are SO ugly to me. They have a great cam system. If not I am fine with sticking with the Alphaburner.

I agree about the ugliness. But damn, I love shooting them the last 4 years. The quality for the price is hardn to pass

Mao

Coshocton, OH

G5 Prime Impact
Hoyt Spyder Turbo

Charles,
Definately look into the Wrath. That is what I am shooting now and love it. Over an 8" Brace and pumping out 330IBO. That is tough to beat!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Personally think they went backwards.. ok yeah the split limbs are new for them (not counting monster line) but spec wise I think they are going the wrong way.. If im gonna buy a new bow I would want it better than the previous year, the Heli-m blows the Creed away... Just my opinion though..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Elite, bowtech , strothers, and Athens are all pretty similar. Those companies all make sweet shooters

Gotta disagree to a point but all are good bows. We live in a time of great bow design. The Bowtech cam design is sweet. No need for shims, switching out limbs, etc... Yokes added to the binary design. Which gives you the smooth draw/large valley of binary cams but the tuning of yokes...very smart. I think if I didn't have bad memories of the 05-06 Bowtechs I would probably be a fanboi for them. lol