Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

advise please.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I have a treestand on the corner of a woods where the deer come out to feed in the evening. Its a
great spot, But there is no way to sneak out at nite.
I could put another treestand to the east down the fenceline about 65 yards. This would allow me to
sneak out the back side of the fenceline and through a crp field undetected.
My question is should I do it now. I think I could do it without disturbing the deer that are bedded
over 100 yards away in the thicket.
Or should I just leave well enough alone?
A groung blind wouldnt work to well, Wouldnt be able to see very much. There is a 3 acre standing corn
field in front of the fencerow.

gavennn

If the stand works. I wouldnt change anything right now in the thick of the RUT. I would just sit until 40-45 minutes after dark before getting down. Make sure your doing it in complete darkness and maybe spray down some before heading out from stand to keep scent down.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
EK000056.jpgThis picture is from a cam i have next to the treestand that is there now.
The spot i would like to put a new stand would be directly to the right in the picture. 65yards.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
At this point I think I would leave it alone unless it is absolutely blowing the deer completely out of the field when you get down every night.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
x3........ Work it the best you can for what it is. Be grateful there is deer in the area TOO spook. If you have does and small bucks.....That Big One is just around the corner........Just maybe your shot will be what runs them off next time!